Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Priority ticketing

Hold on to your ticket stubs

Commencing with this Saturday's Clydesdale Bank SPL meeting with Kilmarnock at Pittodrie, tickets for all forthcoming home fixtures, other than the Copenhagen and Old Firm matches, will be overprinted with the word 'voucher'.

As a consequence, supporters are urged to retain all ticket stubs as these will be utilised to determine secondary priority groups for potential major fixtures next year, including a Cup Final, should Aberdeen be successful in their CIS Insurance Cup semi-final against Dundee United, additional home European games, Old Firm games and matches in the latter stages of the Scottish Cup.

Games where vouchers will be issued over the next few weeks comprise Kilmarnock (8th Dec), Inverness Caley Thistle (2nd Jan) and Hearts (26th Jan).

Interesting. They're quite optimistic down Pittodrie way just now - Cup Finals and additional Euro games!  :o

Good idea though.

Although no doubt any glory hunter who has only been to Madrid this season will have no problems getting a ticket for a cup final.

yeah becuase anyone who's not a glory hunter lives near enough to go to games regularly, if they were a REAL fan they would move to Aberdeen to go to games more often

::) I really wanted a "I shaks ma heid" smiley but this will have to do

yeah becuase anyone who's not a glory hunter lives near enough to go to games regularly, if they were a REAL fan they would move to Aberdeen to go to games more often

::) I really wanted a "I shaks ma heid" smiley but this will have to do

Fair enough, I'll hold my hand up, I didn't realise we had that many fans that lived closer to Madrid than Aberdeen.

Interesting. They're quite optimistic down Pittodrie way just now - Cup Finals and additional Euro games!  :o

To be fair, we are in one cup semi-final, and, if results go our way tonight, there's still the possibility of at least another round in the UEFA cup.  Makes sense for them to tell fans to keep ticket stubs!  :thumbsup:

Fair enough, I'll hold my hand up, I didn't realise we had that many fans that lived closer to Madrid than Aberdeen.

yeah but no but yeah but no

it's not very often fans get the chance to go to a European destination like Madrid, so they tend to make the additional effort and fork out the additional expense when the opportunity arises, not jsut for the football, but the experience.

takes me 4 hours each way to watch a dismal dons performance at a minimal cost of 40 quid (not including ticket) and an almost entire day away from my family, but apparently that makes me a glory hunter rather than a fan.

They're just rehashing an old idea from years ago. It was a similar thing with the st mirren(?) game before the uefa group games. Only problem was if you paid at gate you had to produce your ticket at the ticket office to get any priority. Tickets bought over the phone got priority if the could quote the ticket number.

well done afc (did I just say that?)

Of course they are reverting to the system that worked perfectly well for years.

We may not need it this year, but with hopefully over the next few years we will have a few more of these "glamour" games, and hopefully this will encourage folk to go to the "run of the mill" ones

well done afc (did I just say that?)

Of course they are reverting to the system that worked perfectly well for years.

We may not need it this year, but with hopefully over the next few years we will have a few more of these "glamour" games, and hopefully this will encourage folk to go to the "run of the mill" ones

Ditto - and can only help boost crowds for next few games aswell.