Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dough.

What's everyone doing with their rainy-day savings these days given the best bang for your buck at the banks is hovering around a paltry 1.8%?

Pensions are a waste of time as far as I'm concerned.  Property is a the way to go but with the banks flapping they're looking for a 25% deposit for buy-to-lets, meaning you'll need around 30k for a one bed flat once you raise enough for the deposit, legal fees and sundries.  Until then you could have 20k-odd festering in an account.

The return for a cash ISA maxed out for a year would barely cover a night on the piss.  You could throw it all into your own mortgage but where's the fun in that?

Anyone done any peer-to-peer loaning with someone like Zopa?

I used to enjoy stoozing but that's fucked now too.

Stocks and shares I don't have the time nor attention span for.  Does anyone ever really make much on this other than the people investing other people's money?  Would be interested to hear if you have.

Coke, strippers, Taylormade clubs, Nigerian bankers and a day at the racetrack all seem like decent investments at the moment.

Meh.

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to use my spare 50's as kindling for some of the log fires in my mansion on my Deeside estate.

Yeah,money is literally falling out of the sky in your line of business.  :-\

For anyone interested this is probably your best bet at the moment - http://www.nationwide.co.uk/current_account/landingpages/FlexDirect.htm?cmpid=Aggregators_163

• 1 year later...

Credit cards in the UK will typically offer 0% interest on a balance transfer for 6–12 months for newly opened credit card accounts. Credit cards in the United States have similar offers. In both countries, credit cards may also offer a similar period in which purchases made with the card do not incur interest.

A "stoozer" will take advantage of the time in which there are no interest payments due on the loan by transferring their new credit card limit into a savings account rather than paying off an existing debt. This is done by making a "balance transfer", which is usually taken to mean a payment made by the credit card issuer to a third-party on behalf of a borrower in settlement of a debt (the balance to be transferred) that the borrower has with that third party. However, a stoozer typically has no indebtedness, so any payment made on their behalf can be used to preserve their savings account balances elsewhere at no (or low) interest cost to them. Several devices exist to maintain (and indirectly build) saving account balances in this manner:

A "stoozer" will take advantage of the time in which there are no interest payments due on the loan by transferring their new credit card limit into a savings account rather than paying off an existing debt. This is done by making a "balance transfer", which is usually taken to mean a payment made by the credit card issuer to a third-party on behalf of a borrower in settlement of a debt (the balance to be transferred) that the borrower has with that third party. However, a stoozer typically has no indebtedness, so any payment made on their behalf can be used to preserve their savings account balances elsewhere at no (or low) interest cost to them. Several devices exist to maintain (and indirectly build) saving account balances in this manner:

Whereas a 'Doozer' builds stuff only to have it vandalised by Fraggles

Doozers-observed.jpg