Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Setanta - New year Fixtures

Guest Makaveli

Guest Makaveli

Treated myself to Setanta a couple of months ago and was wondering when they are going to announce which games they are showing next year? 

I can only find up until the end of Jan on thier website.

They've also just taken all the away international fixtures away from the BBC.

SETANTA SECURES ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND WORLD CUP QUALIFIERS

Setanta will be the only place where fans will be able to watch England’s grueling away matches against Croatia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Andorra in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

This means that next season, the 2008/09 season will feature exclusively live coverage of 7 England Internationals (including friendlies), around 25 FA Cup Games, the FA Community Shield and 46 Barclays Premier League games.

We will also be broadcasting all of Scotland’s away qualifiers in Group 9 including Holland, Norway, Macedonia and Iceland, Wales’ tricky ties in Russia, Finland and Azerbaijan and most of the away-legs of the qualifiers involving the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Fans wanting to keep up with all the action from all the Home Nations qualifying groups will want to stay tuned to Setanta as we have also got the rights to 72 additional games in the build up to the World Cup.

Will there be any live football at all on the BBC soon?  Damn shame if you ask me.

Guest Makaveli

Aye but pisses me off that we still have to pay a licence fee - only thing I ever watch on BBC is the fitba (Mrs Makaveli watches Eastenders which is another reason to get rid of BBC!!)

Guest Caroline B

It's a bit of a let down that pretty soon all football will end up being pay per view in some format or other. The fact that Celthunta are showing Mould firm matches hardly encourages me to dip into my purse to watch it every week.

If we keep going the way we are with footie on the telly then it'll soon be cheaper to actually go and watch a match!...............Now there's a novelty!

It's a bit of a let down that pretty soon all football will end up being pay per view in some format or other. The fact that Celthunta are showing Mould firm matches hardly encourages me to dip into my purse to watch it every week.

If we keep going the way we are with footie on the telly then it'll soon be cheaper to actually go and watch a match!...............Now there's a novelty!

I see what you've done there!  :thumbsup: