Vernon

Anyone else reckon he'll be gone this month?

Bench warmer for the first three games so it'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Was wondering this the other day, can't be happy about being an unused sub in those games.  I like him, it didn't work out last season (I don't blame him for it) but was hoping we might see the best of him again this season.

He's now 4th or 5th in the pecking order of our strikers (Zola and Magennis seemingly both in front of him) and with Cammy Smith, Declan McManus and Lawrence Shankland all up and coming, Vernon needs either a run of games in the team to re-establish himself, or be moved out of the way to let the young boys through.

Pity, as he did well for a couple of years and in the right team with the right players and tactics he could go on and do that for another team in low end Championship/League One down south.

Vernon's legs were gone by March/April 2012. He's a yesterday man I'm afraid. Did an adequate job in a woeful team but he's part of history and can have no part in our future.

Agree that we need another striker. In fact we need A principal striker. Zola will never come good in my opinion as he simply doesn't have anything about him. Terrible, terrible footballer.

I don't think McInnes rates Vernon very highly whatsoever, and based on last seasons performance, who can blame him? I don't know if he will be gone by the end of the window but a mutual termination would suit both parties IMO. I don't rate Magennis whatsoever and would like him to leave but given a choice as to who I would rather see come off the bench between those pair, I would have to choose Magennis.

And also Zola, at least (along with any new signing/youngster etc), at least give him a chance. He had 25 mins of pre-season and we're only into the 3rd game of the season and Rocket has already written him off. He may never be the best player in Scotland but a lot of far worse players than him have been very effective in Scottish football. He looks like he might have a touch of doing something tremendous one minute and something laughable the next. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully once he opens his account, he'll score reguarly.

And also Zola, at least (along with any new signing/youngster etc), at least give him a chance. He had 25 mins of pre-season and we're only into the 3rd game of the season and Rocket has already written him off. He may never be the best player in Scotland but a lot of far worse players than him have been very effective in Scottish football. He looks like he might have a touch of doing something tremendous one minute and something laughable the next. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully once he opens his account, he'll score reguarly.

I hope you're right but I suspect that I'm not wrong unfortunately.

Too many jump to conclusions too soon, this is known, but this is not something I'm guilty of.

Normally.

It is remarkably quick for me to write him off, probably the quickest I've ever denounced a new player at AFC.

But I see donkeyesque-isms on a gross scale in Zola and in my experience, those who are capable of such ineptitude and who clearly lack basic skills can not possibly come good. I've not seen the youtube stuff about him that suggests that there is a footballer in there so my judgement may well be premature. I hope I am wrong but by fuck he looks absolutely horrendous to me, utterly horrific.

I hope you're right but I suspect that I'm not wrong unfortunately.

Too many jump to conclusions too soon, this is known, but this is not something I'm guilty of.

Normally.

It is remarkably quick for me to write him off, probably the quickest I've ever denounced a new player at AFC.

But I see donkeyesque-isms on a gross scale in Zola and in my experience, those who are capable of such ineptitude and who clearly lack basic skills can not possibly come good. I've not seen the youtube stuff about him that suggests that there is a footballer in there so my judgement may well be premature. I hope I am wrong but by fuck he looks absolutely horrendous to me, utterly horrific.

I do agree with you there. At the minute, he looks pretty shite but I'm always of the opinion, give anyone a chance. Certainly if they don't improve then and you've given them a fair chance then it's well within your right to berate them. Much like me and Langfield who I think should have been punted years ago and will always cost you more than he saves you. However, with the showing of Weaver against Celtic and now Hearts, I'll actually be glad to see Langfield back! That say's it all about our goalkeeping situation, our poor and it seems, almost lazy scouting to address a glaring problem and for years, the failure to sign a capable No.1.

I think all of us would agree that we give folk a chance. Those who do not will deny them for one of two reasons.

Most commonly, it's bigotry or prejudice. I'm reminded of Mo Johnston the kafflick going to Rangers.

The other possibility is that the denier has conviction that the move is fundamentally wrong.

I was wrong when I said that Zola was the quickest I'd ever written off a new person coming to AFC. I just remembered a couple of people who I wrote off before they'd even started and who I never warmed to because they did exactly as I expected them to, and failed at AFC.

In this regard, there is a school of thought that we do NOT have to give any cunt a chance. They have to earn respect not get given it as right. It's not like the cunt's performance is being adversely affected by constant booing during a debut. If someone's opinion is that the newbie is shit, they leave themselves open to being exposed as knowing nothing about the game if the newbie in question turns into a legend.

Not everyone has the knowledge and experience of the game to instantly see any given situation and few have the courage of their convictions to say it. Snap judgements aren't always wrong because of their snapness. It's the eyes of the snap judger that matters, not the timing of it. Time will tell with this donkey cunt.