Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Derek Young

Guest bi55et83

Guest bi55et83

I was just wanting to post a thread to praise this guy since he came back to us.

I wasnt one of the so called fans who were having a pop at him when he returned but i also wasnt very excited when i heard the news. But to be honest every game i have seen he just seems to be getting better and better! He is exactly what we need, "playing for the jersey", getting stuck in and the like.

would be interested to hear folks thoughts!

Well done derek keep it up!

Can't agree with the every game getting better and better part, but in the main I have to admit that I have been pleasantly surprised about the level of contribution the boy has made. given the fact he's now on three goals for the season, this must just about be the most he's ever scored for the Dons in a season ;)

Yeah, he hasn't got better and better but he's been very consistent and full of effort and we really can't ask for any more from the guy.

Weighing in with 3 goals is a big Brucie Bonus too. Still not completely convinced he'd start in what I'd reckon to be a "first 11" (then again, as the recent examples have shown, what the fuck is that now?) but a valuable player in the squad.

Guest Caroline B

One thing is certain about the boy, He has improved a lot since he went to Paralytic. More mature in his style of play and looking like a bit of a bargain at no cost to the club. Bearing in mind that most other clubs in the league outwith the Mould Firm are scrounging around in the no cost bargain basement, it has turned out to be a decent bit of business.

The guy tries hard in every match, and as fans that's all we ask.

I work in Glasgow with someone who is friends with DY and his wife and whenever I bump into her we end up chatting about him. She makes it clear that he is delighted to be back at Todders and is loving playing for the Dons again. Its nice to hear about a player who appreciates the fact that the team wanted him and is determined to pay back that faith.

He has certainly done every bit as well as we could realistically have hoped. I didn't slaughter him when he arrived, but like most didn't expect or hope to see him starting much. However his willingness to put in that extra bit of effort and the determination he has shown has resulted in him deservingly starting most of the games we have played this season.

I wouldn't mind another player like him joining to take a hold of our midfield and add a bit more steel to the team. Seve, Clark, Smith, De Visscher, Foster and even BN go missing far too often for my liking! They are supposedly all much more talented... apparently...

• 3 weeks later...