Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Esmael Goncalves

And yet another name added to the mix..... .taken from today's online Scottish Sun, and perhaps not surprisingly without any quotes from anyone at the club.

ABERDEEN are weighing up a loan move for former St Mirren striker Esmael Goncalves.

The Portuguese ace scored seven goals in 14 starts on loan at Saints last season, including strikes in the League Cup semi and final.

Goncalves returned to Rio Ave, where he is under contract until 2016, last month.

New Pittodrie boss Derek McInnes is anxious to improve his firepower and sources in Portugal say he has enquired about 21-year-old Goncalves, who is valued at £425,000.

Rangers, Nottingham Forest and Swansea have also been linked with Goncalves, who said: “I enjoyed my time at St Mirren and it would be fantastic to go back to Britain and play with a club at a good level.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4963590/Dons-eye-loan-bid-for-Esmael.html#ixzz2VsoHirEQ

Was certainly impressed with what I saw last season, but can't say ill get too exciting until I see some quotes from our side. Positive signs continue though.

Agreed, in particular with your last four words. At least we seem to be getting linked with players. Get the impression McInnes will have done his business in the market place long before the transfer window shuts :thumbsup: