Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Garden stuff, and stuff.

CtS

Anyone know anyone who could do a load of outdoor stuff around my house in Aiberdeenshire?  I'm thinking paving, landscaping, gazebo-ing, fencing, maybe tarring a driveway? 

Money's no object because I'm minted.  ;)

Seriously, cost is not that important (but I'm nae daft), looking for recommendations of local companies with good reputations / good quality work.

You'll all be invited to the opening ceremony. *

* Maybe.

I was thinking of building a fence around my garden. I live in a flat but I've got my own section of the back garden. It's divided into 4 although not physically. Do I need planning permission to build a short fence around my quarter of the garden? The dog from downstairs is always shitting in my bit and they don't pick it up. I don't think I need planning permission or to inform my neighbours but some of you bright cunts on here might know better?

Money is no object because I'm skint and will probably try and build it myself.

And sorry for hijacking this thread.

I was thinking of building a fence around my garden. I live in a flat but I've got my own section of the back garden. It's divided into 4 although not physically. Do I need planning permission to build a short fence around my quarter of the garden? The dog from downstairs is always shitting in my bit and they don't pick it up. I don't think I need planning permission or to inform my neighbours but some of you bright cunts on here might know better?

Money is no object because I'm skint and will probably try and build it myself.

And sorry for hijacking this thread.

Fences are the way forward, sends a clear 'Fuck Off' to anyone thinking of encroaching on your property.  I hate neighbours, and any cunt I don't know stepping on to my patch. Especially if they're about to ring my bell and sell me something or ask me to donate to charity. Oh look, there's a big fence in your way.  Now Fuck off.

Fences are the way forward, sends a clear 'Fuck Off' to anyone thinking of encroaching on your property.  I hate neighbours, and any cunt I don't know stepping on to my patch. Especially if they're about to ring my bell and sell me something or ask me to donate to charity. Oh look, there's a big fence in your way.  Now Fuck off.

Aye. Although to be honest I could have been far more unlucky with neighbours. I was more worried about the kind of neighbours I'd have than anything else when I bought my flat. Truth is they're not too bad. Next door is an Indian/Pakistani family. They're ok. They keep themselves to themselves and take in my parcels when I'm nae in. Their 3 kids play fitba in the back garden and since their patch is adjacent to mine they often encroach. I don't mind this really but the doon stairs dug shitting everywhere and them pretending not to see it winds me up. Just because I haven't yet spent any time sitting in my garden doesn't mean that I never will so I shouldn't have to dodge piles of Jack Russell shite when I finally do.

What I need is someone who'll do a homer and build me a nice wee fence. 3 ft high will do. Has Dave Min got a job yet?

Pretty sure that if it's a small fence then you won't need planning permission. But even if you did you can just get retrospective permission.

But it seems a bit OTT to cordon off an area of a communal garden. Can you not just tell the folk with the dog to pick up it's shit? Seems like a better solution than to build a fence.

Pretty sure that if it's a small fence then you won't need planning permission. But even if you did you can just get retrospective permission.

But it seems a bit OTT to cordon off an area of a communal garden. Can you not just tell the folk with the dog to pick up it's shit? Seems like a better solution than to build a fence.

It would be a better solution if they actually did it, aye. But I can't see it happening. And I'd hesitate to call it a communal garden as each quarter of it is owned by a specific property.

Suppose that's the downside of living in a squalid student flat with squeaky floorboards. Luckily I have no such problems on my enormous estate in rural Aberdeenshire.  ;)

There's nae students in my block.  :wave: There are one or two squeaky floor boards but I live on the top floor so I don't need to give any fucks about them.  ;)