Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

afc in standing up for the fans shocker

better late than never I suppose:

Dons to put concerns to UEFA

Jimmy Calderwood at the stadium

Aberdeen Football Club has confirmed that it will be writing to UEFA as a matter of urgency in the wake of last night’s UEFA Cup Group B match with Atletico Madrid in the Vicente Calderon Stadium.

A Club spokesman commented. “We are still in the process of documenting everything that occurred from the time of the draw until the conclusion of game and in particular the way in which some of our fans were treated outside the stadium.

“As a result of reports of trouble at the game, Duncan Fraser, John Morgan and Gordon Ritchie from AFC have remained in Madrid and, since last night, have been working closely with the British Consul and Grampian Police officers who were in Spain to ensure the safety of our supporters and also piece together exactly what happened.

“Duncan, John and Gordon this morning visited Ian Bremner (38), who lives in Denmark, and sustained a head wound inflicted by a police baton, resulting in his being rushed to hospital. Thankfully Ian is now out of intensive care and is on the mend and, as far as we can ascertain, he is the only Aberdeen supporter to have been hospitalised as a result of trouble while significantly, there are no reports of any Aberdeen fans being arrested.

“The Club repeatedly asked for additional tickets well in advance of the fixture and were informed that there were no more available, only for additional seats to be made available earlier this week via Atletico’s website and with no prior warning to ourselves.

Additionally, as recently as yesterday we were told at the official UEFA meeting that the match was a sell out, and while there are always a few seats not taken at any game, as everyone could see, there were thousands of empty places in all areas of the stadium other than the ones allocated to visiting fans.

“As a result of our concerns for potential problems, we involved the Consul at an early stage and they have been aware of the relevant issues. Those, along with the reported mistreatment of Aberdeen supporters will form the basis of a detailed report that we will be submitting to the governing body over the course of the next few days.â€

Good response from the club.

But we definitely had people in our support who were there just for trouble.

I can confirm this, there were a few only there for a dust up and to cause hassle.

But it seems that the hassle at the ground was in the main down to Real casuals and some fucking downright animalistic behaviour of police.

Good response from the club.

But we definitely had people in our support who were there just for trouble.

There was a few casuals outside our pub on Wednesday night down near Santa Ana who were just out to cause trouble and were throwing bottles at locals. Idiots, fucking hate people ruining it for everyone else.

Shit. Looks like every third Aberdeen fan got mugged!!! Fuckin crappy Spaniards. My mate got his jeans-pocket cut off with a knife and his wallet was gone when he went to Barca a few years ago. And my ex got her wallet stolen from her "fanny pack" when we were in Barca about seven years ago. I say "fanny pack" because she was American and thats what they called it ... fuckin gave me hysterics every time she spoke of it.

I am trying to quantify what percentage of dons got robbed, it was at the very very minimum 10%. Everyone I met had someone in their group who had been robbed, we were doing by far the best at one wallet from 30 odd of us (well until the Liverpool baggage handlers got to Jutes bag  ::) ). I must have met over 150 people who had various things stolen.

Saw a guy away to try Dundee_reds pockets in the Metro station, and had to get Dundees attention

I am trying to quantify what percentage of dons got robbed, it was at the very very minimum 10%. Everyone I met had someone in their group who had been robbed, we were doing by far the best at one wallet from 30 odd of us (well until the Liverpool baggage handlers got to Jutes bag  ::) ). I must have met over 150 people who had various things stolen.

Saw a guy away to try Dundee_reds pockets in the Metro station, and had to get Dundees attention

Certainly felt like a good third of our support may have been robbed judging by the amount of folk I met who knew someone that was robbed or was robbed themselves.  Not sure if Madrid is like this all the time or if there was a special effort from the pick pockets due to the number of (drunk?) fans there.  My mate got pick-pocketed in Barcelona once, but it was nowhere near as bad as Madrid.

Well our group of around 12 all came away with all their possesions in tact and we were drinking in some real seedy joints, along with the tourist traps and using the Metro until stupid o'clock every night.

Maybe just lucky I guess?

Where's the :don'tknowsmilie: ?

I think you guessed right mate. I think every crook and cunt for miles around migrated to Madrid.