Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Video of trouble in Madrdid

Apologies if this link already posted, but I haven't seen it posted on here.

Shows injured Dons fans and a lot of smoke and flares and Spanish polis running about looking forsomeone to whack. Not possible to see what is really going on though...

http://www.elpais.com/videos/deportes/Batalla/campal/alrededores/Calderon/elpvidlmv/20071130elpepudep_1/Ves/

Just got back half an hour ago. The flare stuff started just as I got to the area. Crazy. The Atletico fans that were beside us at the time were saying it was Real casuals kicking off. Got a photo of a Scooter on fire there. Apart from throwing the flares, didnae think there was that much in it. Atmosphere was a bit hostile right enough though, with stuff getting lobbed at us from the open balconies above where you went in to the ground, but after, we ended up in a bar right outside the ground drinking with some of the Madrid fans and had a fanstastic night.

That's me just in the door now. The scenes from last night are nothing compared to the scenes at Heathrow when the useless BA cunts delayed my flight back to Glasgow by 4 fucking hours.

at least you made it onto the flight

I missed it, Iberia wanted 370 quid to get me to Heathrow (business class was only option) or wiat until sunday - wife would not be happy with that, so ended up getting a seat on one of the charters to aberdeen, hiring a car to go back to Glasgow to pick up the car and then drive back to Inverness.  Rough is not the word.  Got in the door at 0315.  A full 17 hours after I left the hotel!!!

Brilliant craic though

Personally know 2 people who got stuffed nicked, but heard of so many. A bit like Kowalski, I had a good time but do feel a bit let down. As much as I love Aberdeen if I'm to go abroad again I'd be a bit more careful about where we were going, or at least try and stay away from potential trouble like that. I know 6000 tourists was just a great attraction for your dodgy Spaniards but really really shit as now I have a very poor opinion of the Spanish, and Madrid.

(My flights were fine btw. ;) )

Personally know 2 people who got stuffed nicked, but heard of so many. A bit like Kowalski, I had a good time but do feel a bit let down. As much as I love Aberdeen if I'm to go abroad again I'd be a bit more careful about where we were going, or at least try and stay away from potential trouble like that. I know 6000 tourists was just a great attraction for your dodgy Spaniards but really really shit as now I have a very poor opinion of the Spanish, and Madrid.

(My flights were fine btw. ;) )

what's that NicNac?  ;)

There are always going to be differing versions of what did or didn't kick this off, but bottom line appears to be this in the main seems to happen in Spain, Turkey, and Italy.

I fail to see that the Spanish police don't really know who the Madrid troublemakers are.

What did they do to stop this kicking off ?

I'll hazard a guess not a lot, and as usual probably took the easy option and hit out at innocents to try and break it up. This seems to happen regularly with Scottish teams in Spain. there has to be a common denominator. For officials of our club and Grampian's finest to have been drawn in to it just kind of proves the point. UEFA have to take a stand with them, if the safety of innocent people wanting to attend a football match can't be guaranteed.

I'm pleased to say that our trip was relatively hassle free, found the Spaniards in hotel/bars etc to be first class and welcoming. Even asked numerous police for directions and all helpful and happy to chat/help. There are I beleive differing types of police force in Spain, and it would appear that there attitude differs considerably.

Anyway back home now, after Friday night in Temple Bar, Dublin.... fucking fifteen euros for a voddie and coke and a pint is outrageous by the way. Hope abody else makes it back safely if not already here.

Good to meet well kent faces and some new ones.

You'll a' ken fa you are :thumbsup:

Haha, very good! I'd be in no hurry to go back to Spain for a football match after seeing the policing, is that so unfair? :P

Nice to meet you Al, I was really surprised when you came and spoke to me - thought you were someone from Hat wanting to fight me. ;)

Aye still laughing aboot yer reaction and explanation :lolabove:

Alright peeps, glad to hear that most got home okay but still very disappointed to hear some of the horrifying treatment of fans and visitors to their city...it was good to meet some familiar names on here too and faces from Dnipro...  :wave:

I must admit, our experience of Madrid was a very positive one...we got into the ground before the trouble kicked off and didn't meet one Spanish person who gave us any trouble at all. Lot of Spanish lads (and ladies  ;)) who were very friendly indeed. Only one lass who tried to pickpocket me, but I knew what was going on and since I had my wallet in my front pocket I got a free arse-grab out of it.  8)

Madrid is a fantastic city and I would have no hesitation of returning athough I'd be more careful next time.

Great laugh, great trip and I just hope we don't have to wait 5 years to do it all over again...

I got to the ground without knowing anything about the trouble. Topcorner and I got a bit drunk and took the wrong metro line/stop so ended up with no Aberdeen Fans around us, and drank in a couple of Tapas bars in the heading towards the stadium. One of said Tapas bars was one of the Frente Ultras main bars and was packed with them singing and bouncing like nutters, so we stayed and a couple of them looked after us and bought us free alcohol and tapas!

Hi to all the guys I met out there, kept bumping into JimmyJimmy all over the show.

Nivea?

200.jpg

That's me just in the door now. The scenes from last night are nothing compared to the scenes at Heathrow when the useless BA cunts delayed my flight back to Glasgow by 4 fucking hours.

That is better than being shunted from pillar to post for 4 hours, in a totally useless attempt to collect one's luggage, & then being left stranded overnight until lunchtime the next day.

Your opinion on B.A. is bang on.