Jump to content

Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

DST Meeting with AFC


Recommended Posts

Seemed to have missed this:

 

Club: George Yule, Ian Jack, (Apologies Chris Gavin)

 

IJ opened the meeting and advised CG was unable to attend due to illness. IJ handed over to GY who sought questions from the floor and advised questions would be answered honestly, but some aspects would be confidential.The question areas were:-

 

Discussion regarding traffic issues for the game at Tannadice

 

GY agreed that the game should have not have kicked off before 3.30pm. There must be more consideration for the travelling support. There was conflicting information being given out by the police to fans in the pubs that the game would kick off at 3.30pm.

 

It was agreed efforts should be made to attract the “away support” who currently bypass home games to attend Pittodrie more often.

 

Stadium Update

 

AFC are waiting for Aberdeen Council to come back to them so no update as far as Loirston is concerned. The club have had meetings with Aberdeenshire Council about potential sites close to the city boundary and within easy reach of the proposed AWPR. The club were asked whether fans should apply pressure to their local councillors. It was agreed that fans needed to know why there had not been a free vote on the Calder Park Stadium issue. The importance of good transport links and adequate parking at any new stadium location was raised and discussed. Proper training facilities are a very high priority for the club and they have been in talks with Aberdeen University and RGU about collaborating to provide a modern outdoor sports complex which AFC could use for training.

 

SPL proposed vote

 

The club were asked about reports in the press that they had “stymied” the proposed SPL voting changes. As some clubs are working to their own specific agenda rather than the good of the national game, any reconstruction has to be done for the RIGHT reason and to meet supporters needs/wants.

 

TV games

 

The club are to do a cost/benefit analysis on TV games, which in general are always more poorly attended.

 

Dundee Derby

 

Dons Supporters Together (DST) raised the issue of the club’s late promotion of the Dundee Derby game as DST had approached the club weeks earlier to offer their help to promote the game to increase the attendance. The club will look into the reasons for the Derby marketing being promoted so late.

 

Jason Brown

 

The Jason Brown situation was raised but not discussed for obvious confidentiality reasons – and any issues will be dealt with internally.

 

Paul Lawrie

 

Paul Lawrie will bring the Ryder Cup along to a game at Pittodrie in Feb next year and the club are aware of the marketing opportunity that goes with this.

 

Customer Services Manager and Performance Analyst job adverts

 

GY was asked to explain the role that these advertised posts would encompass. Customer Services manager – the club have recognised the need for better communications to fans and slicker marketing so more needs to come out of this role to ensure customer service are more involved in the running of the club.

 

Performance Analyst has in the past been done externally – the club would now like to have this as an internal role.

 

Young Players Contracts/Youth Academy

 

New improved contracts went out 5-6 weeks ago to Ryan Fraser, Cammy Smith, Joe Shaughnessy, Nicky Low and Jordan Brown. So far Jordan Brown has signed.

 

There will be investment in Youth Development and the club will soon be launching a Junior Academy (8-13 years headed up by Gavin Levey and a Youth Academy(13 years upwards headed by Neil Simpson)

 

Jocky Scott

 

GY discussed Jocky Scott’s role at the club. He is working with the players on attacking formations with 1st team and u-20 players  and he has been watching opponents.

 

Catering

 

The issue of Catering by Sodexho was brought up and concerns raised will be discussed at Friday’s meeting with DST, where the Local Manager of Sodexho will be present.

 

U20 games/ Cup finals at Pittodrie

 

The club was asked about the possibility of more 7pm kick offs for U20 games after the recent game at Pittodrie against Motherwell. The club explained that they are tied by the rules of the U20 league which gives opponents the option (when playing Aberdeen) to ask for a 2pm kick off because of the distance to travel to Pittodrie. (this rule also applies to the opponents of Ross County and Inverness)

 

GY confirmed that following an approach by AFC to the Junior, Amateur and Schools organisations the finals of the AFC Trophy Competitions would be held at Pittodrie, as they always used to be.

 

Cameras at Pittodrie

 

The club were asked what their policy is for bringing camera’s to matches, after an unfortunate incident with a steward at the Neil Simpson testimonial. The club will look in to this and report back.

 

Club website

 

It was pointed out that various areas of the club’s website have not been updated for many months. The club are aware of this and this is work in progress, particularly the Hall of Fame which is currently being overhauled.

 

Player of the Year Awards dinner

 

Fans felt the £150 price ticket was expensive, particularly if you also need overnight accommodation. GY will take this up with marketing and consider in the future providing a ticket and hotel deal.

 

Kid’s kits

 

GY said the club have got nowhere with Adidas for this season but they will be looking at providing a replica kit (kids size only) with the launch of the new strip in the summer. The club would prefer to have more young children wearing an AFC strip at a lower margin than fewer at a higher margin. It was pointed out that the away (white kit) was selling in the shop at £15 until the team wore it at Tannadice and then it was suddenly full price again. GY will look into this.

 

Other points to be followed up by the club

 

Could AFC obtain charitable status for Youth Development Activities?

 

Could AFC have follow up groups after the success of the Football Fans in Training initiative?

 

Could other supporter’s dinners be organised at reasonable prices?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting point re TV games and I think I remeber seeing that last season we had the most home games on TV which costs us alot of cash.  It feels like it's happening again.

 

As of today, of all the games that have been on TV and are announced to be on TV we will have the most home games broadcast, although perhaps it will even it's self out (the list was up until Jan 2013)

 

Dons 4

ICT 4

Hearts 4

United 3

Well 3

Celtic 2

Hibs 2

St J 2

St M 2

Killie 2

Dundee 2

County 1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...