Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

UEFA post mortem

Clark should have scored, or at least got it on target  :hammer:

Nicholson's chance.....was beaten in a diving header, still had lots to do.

Otherwise we were awful, we can play so much better but the tactics were wrong and the players were awful/not bothered

We didn't play badly first half, in fact I thought we were a better side.

Then the second half came along and we stopped playing football like adults and resorted to humping the football up the park with no real attempt to find a red shirt.

Seriously, the player would have time and space on the ball and he would just lamp it forward into areas with no red shirts.  What this tactical switch was meant to do isn't clear, but that's when we lost the game.

Didn't help that McNamara simply passed the ball to a Panny player for the second goal. 

But that was indicative of our second half game.  No attempt to find a red shirt, just hit it into an area and hope a red shirt is somewhere in the vicinity when the ball lands again.  So McNamara, like everyone else, did just that.

We weren't so much outplayed, because the Greeks were no better than the Hibs team they looked like. We simply pissed the game away ourselves by playing like schoolboys when we were in possession.

If Panathanaikos are one of this groups 'better' teams then if we play the way we're capable of playing, we'll pick up points in the remaining games, because I was NOT impressed by the Greeks, despite the scoreline.

Guest WaitingInTheMiddle

I came across (no not like that) an article on the web that gave the greek reaction to the game. Didn't read it at the time and now I can't find it. Anyone know where it is?