Players Back in Training

Some snippets from:

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120705/the-players-first-day-back_2212158_2832977

INJURY ROUND UP

"On the injury front the good news is that Issac Osbourne is doing full training and Rob Milsom is doing full training and Peter Pawlett is doing full training. Now that is tremendous as we did not have their services at the end of last season. The only negative is Clark Robertson. We are not going to get Clark for the first month of the season. He is a very exciting young player and one we would look to have in the team.

"Jason Brown and Rory Fallon have been given a few extra days off as they were away on International duty so they will report back on Monday. Ryan Jack was also given the extra time but to his credit he came back early.

FULL BACK SITUATION

"When I look at the squad I look at where we might need to improve things. In defence we would be ok if Clark was not missing for a while but he is and it means we have to make a left back from someone in the squad. There are plenty of candidates for the role - if we have to we could put Chris Clark there, we could put Ryan Jack there, we could put Issac Osbourne there. Andrew Considine might have to go there and there are other options as well but Clark would have started the season as left back if he had been fit.

FURTHER SIGNINGS

"We are still looking at the option of possibly bringing in a player on loan and we are watching the Mark Reynolds situation carefully. We would like to bring him back again. He has gone to Sheffield Wednesday to try and get in their side. If that does not happen then maybe their manager Dave Jones might consider a loan move or a transfer.

"We have also be making enquires about other loan players but I do not want the fans thinking there will automatically be another player coming in. We have a good squad here and I want to give the young boys some game time. We don't have to make another signing.

FRASER FYVIE

"At the moment Fraser Fyvie is still an Aberdeen player. I believe there is interest in him but we have not heard anything. No one has contacted the club about Fraser.........

"Ideally from a financial point of view, it would be better if someone came in now because we would receive a transfer fee and not just a compensation fee which we would receive when he left in December at the end of his contract.

"At the moment for us to sell him we would need to receive an offer of at least about £400,000 as we would be getting that for compensation anyway.

BUDGET

The manager though was keen to point out he is not in a position that he has to sell players, even in the current SPL climate.

"We have retained the same football budget as last season and the Board have said it would stay the same regardless of what happened with the Rangers situation. I am extremely grateful to the Chairman and Chief Executive. All summer my budget has remained the same.

FINALLY

"It is our expectation that we will do better. That we will be a better side than last year. We have to be optimistic about finishing a lot higher.

Despite numerous questions from the media the manager was not keen to comment on the current Rangers situation, saying all he was doing was concentrating on his job as Aberdeen manager.

"My concern is not Rangers, it is Aberdeen."