Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

watched sportscene last night and was thoroughly disappointed with the dive that earned de visscher his second penalty.

Is it not somewhere else on this board that slates mikaloukanoukasisissis for his dive?  I for one die hard dons fan do not want to see this sort of kak happening in a red jersey, and hope he gets a new arse tore out of him for that.

I thought it was a dive at the time (I was in SS Sec T, near the front), but having seen the replays i'm not so sure. Mind you, considering how many diving bastards have cheated pens out of us in recent years, maybe it's a case of swings and roundabouts going FOR us for a change.  :-\

It's impossible to tell whether there was contact or not and that makes all the difference. There's no question that he went down easily under the challenge, but if the keeper comes flying out, misses the ball and makes contact with the player then it's a penalty and anyone with a grain of sense will go down in that situation.

Guest Caroline B

It was soft, I'll give you that. I didn't see any need for him to dive... he was past the keeper.

Cheating is not to be condoned, but nowadays you go down if touched. In the words of Zippy, Bungle and George off "Rainbow", "Everyone knows that one Jeffrey!"

IMO there is a fine line between taking 'a dive' and going down in the box. Its a very fine line, but I think it exists.

I think that contact was made and that the keeper actually 'fouled' Jeffery. Now, while he shouldn't have to fall to the ground to be awarded a penalty I have no doubt in my mind that had he remained on his feet that it would never have been given.

I am disappointed that he didn't remain on his feet only because I think he could have easily finished the goal himself, but I would have been even more disappointed if no contact had been made and he 'simulated' a trip to win a penalty. He didn't do that.

I'm sure Jimmy will have had a quiet word with Jeffery to tell him the differences between what is and whats not acceptable in Scottish Football.

Just a cultural difference IMO, and not in the same league as the Mikalounis (sp?) incident.

And what's the difference between JDV this season and Eugene Dadi six years ago? Dadi went down under the slightest of contact ... sometimes NO contact. But the penalties he won us definitely saw us win a number of games that just shouldn't have gone our way. In this world, the nice guys never win!!! It's about time Aberdeen started to become a bunch of cunts!!

Guest standfree

although he did dive i think its about time we got a player like that. he takes on players and can win us free kicks in dangerous areas and falls over quite easily in thepenalty box. we never get enough penalty's and heres someone that can get us them.

stand free

Aberdeen players have been TOO honest in the past. I DONT condone diving, but, I do believe that Aberdeen players havent made the most of some challenges that some (more experienced)? players may have won free kicks/pens from.

I take it youre excluding Lee Miller from this  ::)