Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Own up!

An alternate point of view is somebody knowingly breaks the law and it's the CLUB who's going to have to pay. Whatever he did with the flare, it's ILLEGAL to have one inside a ground. If you get club, it's not you who has to pay a shit load of cash, it's the club you "support".

At least a dozen teams got fined for the same thing last season, the average fine was about £3000, pretty much the same as one of JC's business class flights to Egypt last season, not the end of the world.

Hopefully it's a case of a boy thinking it's ok to do that in Eastern Europe, now knows better, won't do it again, and now everyone knows not to do it.

Nae need for anyone to be named and shamed on this occasion.

At least a dozen teams got fined for the same thing last season, the average fine was about £3000, pretty much the same as one of JC's business class flights to Egypt last season, not the end of the world.

Hopefully it's a case of a boy thinking it's ok to do that in Eastern Europe, now knows better, won't do it again, and now everyone knows not to do it.

Nae need for anyone to be named and shamed on this occasion.

Yep, a slap on the wrist is the absolute most that should happen here.

What's the problem wi' flares at games? Are they discriminating against 70s fashion?

Oh hang on! I see fit ye mean. Aye, so why nae flares? I reckon they are awesome, and really really help to set the tone of the fans. We had several flares at the match in Berlin. Nothing wrong there! What's changed? Don't UEFA like fans being at matches anymore? Or do they prefer them to sit still and eat prawn sandwiches?

I'm not taking ANY moral high ground, i'm taking the my team that I support canna afford fines because of breaches of obvious (if debateable) rules ground. And although I didnae see the flare myself, i'll assume it was the same as the ones in Berlin. The point here is...if UEFA dinna want them there AND it'll cost the club money each time they ARE there, then they jist shouldnae be there, full stop. Nae morality, jist common sense. If it hurts the team, DINNA DAE IT!

I'm not taking ANY moral high ground, i'm taking the my team that I support canna afford fines because of breaches of obvious (if debateable) rules ground. And although I didnae see the flare myself, i'll assume it was the same as the ones in Berlin. The point here is...if UEFA dinna want them there AND it'll cost the club money each time they ARE there, then they jist shouldnae be there, full stop. Nae morality, jist common sense. If it hurts the team, DINNA DAE IT!

been trying to put the same point acroos on another board but recieveing abuse for it.

Guest tuuubes

If its such a serious offence maybe uefa would like to look into why the fan managed to get into the ground with a flare in the first place,surely that lies with Dnipro themselves and also why i still have my complete ticket from the game because as far as i know nobody had their tickets checked going into the ground therefor absolutely anybody that jumped on a bus in the city centre would have ended up in the Aberdeen end which could have led to all kinds of trouble.

as for the flare itself i wasnt too far away from it and it was completely harmless,not saying it was the right thing to do but the reaction to it has been way over the top

certainly other grounds around europe have flares let off on a regular basis, pretty much every match in Turkey, a lot in Spain and Italy etc,

but if you do some detective works......

Jute, Hotels confirmed!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Now, git oan wi' thon Trains loon!!!!

Have ye found oot where pyrotechnics can be purchased in Kiev yet?  I've got a place in Dnipro but we wouldn't have the fun of settin off smoke bombs on the train if we wait till then  ;D ;D ;D

I think I'm goin to be sufferin from Jagerdeath by the time I get to Dnipro.

Will prob smuggle a cairy oot on tae the flight from Amsterdam - no way I'm putting up with just one round o drinks from the KLM girls!!!! I've only got an hour in schipol so only gives me time for 3 pints of Heineken!

ha ha

busted

The flare was set off right in front of me, I didn't have a problem with it and the guy certainly did not attempt to throw it at all. Funnily enough, the police didn't try to arrest him even though they could clearly see who it was.

Did we get fined from the Berlin game? If not then I'd imagine that the fan in question was unaware that there is such a penalty for away ties in dodgy former USSR countries and wouldn't have done it if it meant that he'd likely be banned or that his club would receive a fine.