Jason Brown

Dons keeper takes swipe at facilities, new stadium

By Michael Gannon

Published: 28/05/2012

Aberdeen goalkeeper Jason Brown is engineering a move away from Pittodrie after criticising facilities and the proposed move to a new stadium on the outskirts of the city.

The 30-year-old Wales international, who earned his first cap in five years in last night's 2-0 friendly defeat by Mexico in New York, has grown frustrated at what he perceives as a lack of ambition from the Dons.

From Jason Brown (@greathover32) on Twitter (sorry at work and can't figure how to cut and paste from phone):

Tweet 1... "Dons fans let put this record straight without anyone hitting their spin on things yes I think the stadium can wait because we should have"

Tweet 2... "Our own training facilities that will benefit not only the senior but the yooung players!"

Tweet 3... "I'm not trying to engineer a move from the club I love Aberdeen as a city and I love the great football club! Now if I move on it will be-"

Tweet 4... "It will be a decision made by the gaffa, me and my agent but as I said earlier I have a year left on my contract and I fully expect to be-"

Tweet 5... "Reporting back for pre season."

He really doesn't get the Twitter thing does he!

• 1 year later...

Former Aberdeen FC goalkeeper Jason Brown banned from driving again

A former Aberdeen FC goalkeeper has been banned from driving for the third time in less than a year.

Jason Brown, 31, admitted driving while disqualified in Aberdeenshire.

The offence was detected in July, Aberdeen Sheriff Court heard, after police received a tip-off.

The Welsh international, who left Pittodrie last year, was disqualified for a year and fined £730. The court was told he was now living off his savings.

He also admitted driving without insurance.

Defence agent Peter Shepherd said: "He apologises for his carelessness and ignoring a court order."

Sheriff Kenneth Watt said it was "more than" just ignoring a court order when looking at Brown's previous convictions for driving offences.