Thank Fuck

The season's over! I've never been so glad to see a season come to an end. In fact it was just a few short years ago that the end of the football season would be met with extreme disappointment from me. :(

So far I have absolutely zero optimism for next season. It's been a long time since I've felt like that too.  :hammer: There would have to be some mental signings this summer to change that I think. 

Sadly Tyrant, i'm in the same camp as you. I couldn't wait for this season to end (much worse than the last one :-\). Currently i don't see much positivity coming from the club, but it's early days yet and will sit patiently. This was the first season since I moved to the UK that I didn't make it to one game :( I really don't want that to continue.

Completely agree guys, probably one of the most uninspiring seasons I've ever known.

Sums it up that I missed my first Aberdeen game at Rugby Park in eighteen years of biding doon here a week past on Saturday.

Totally underwhelmed ::)

fuck me some of you lot of short memories.

I was comparing the trip down to Killie the other week with a similar end of season game there. Similar crowd, similar shite season but the other week was night and day compared to that match.  It was at the end of Pele's reigning I admit but that match must rack as one of the most humiliating I have seen from an Aberdeen side.

Perhaps I'm just being blindly naive but we're not that far from a reasonable side.  If we get Milsom and Osbourne fit, get in a partner for big Vern and a couple of guys who can play somewhere other than the middle of the pitch and we could do ok next year.  This year was tough but by god even in recent memory it wasn't even nearly the worst or the most dispiriting.

fuck me some of you lot of short memories.

I was comparing the trip down to Killie the other week with a similar end of season game there. Similar crowd, similar shite season but the other week was night and day compared to that match.  It was at the end of Pele's reigning I admit but that match must rack as one of the most humiliating I have seen from an Aberdeen side.

Perhaps I'm just being blindly naive but we're not that far from a reasonable side.  If we get Milsom and Osbourne fit, get in a partner for big Vern and a couple of guys who can play somewhere other than the middle of the pitch and we could do ok next year.  This year was tough but by god even in recent memory it wasn't even nearly the worst or the most dispiriting.

We're 5 places off of being a 'reasonable side' and even more away from being a good side.

Who the fuck wants to support a 'reasonable side'?

Although I'd take that given the shite we've had to endure for far too long.

Milsom wants to leave. A deal was in place for him to leave in January and he would have done so if it wasn't for his injury.  I'd imagine if he can prove his fitness in the summer, he'll likely take a deal with a championship club.

We've been saying for years we're just a few players away from being a decent side but it rarely comes to fruition. The fact it hasn't been the worst or the most dispiriting in recent memory is neither here nor there. It was another dreadful season, dress it up how you like but people aren't daft and will see it for what it was - dismal.

You seem to be another person who thinks Broon will play 2 up front next season...........its nae happening.

Perhaps the SFA have a Scots fitba tactics guide for dummys book newly out.  It must have been posted to both Brown and Levein.

The first formation in this pictorial guide is the 5-5-0. With the big ppuuuuuuunnnnnt and chase tactic being well employed.

That will be our starting line up for the first game next season. See alan Hansen gibbering on about two banks of four? Well, we will go one (or two) better!!

We're 5 places off of being a 'reasonable side' and even more away from being a good side.

Who the fuck wants to support a 'reasonable side'?

Although I'd take that given the shite we've had to endure for far too long.

Support is supporting the team through highs and lows (not easy)

I am sure you joined in singing we'll support you ever more,  when we were good

The season's over! I've never been so glad to see a season come to an end. In fact it was just a few short years ago that the end of the football season would be met with extreme disappointment from me. :(

So far I have absolutely zero optimism for next season. It's been a long time since I've felt like that too.  :hammer: There would have to be some mental signings this summer to change that I think.

Everything's in place for a sterling season come August, so keep your chin up :)

We'll have Milne in charge, driving the club forward with his legendary decision-making and ambition unabated.

We'll have Willie Miller sort of hanging around doing... whatever it is he's doing for his couple hundred grand. 

We'll have Craigie Broon, good old Craigie Broon, whipping the players into a frenzy of competitiveness not seen since Bannockburn.

We'll have maybe one 'Stellar Signing' in the mold of Chris Clark to look forward to. 

A midfield that has a massive amount of experience and even more arthritis.

Crowds about the size you might see standing around watching a drunken fight on Union Street of a Setterday night.

The local media will be rife with news of the imminent building of the Superstadium in the Loirston tattie field. The superstadium that the club scheduled to start around October 2011.  With its 60,000 capacity, retractable roof, bars, restaurants, bouncy castles and rocket launch site all within the grounds of the land we apparently haven't even bought yet :)

This Red Revolution isnae half bad, eh?