Dave, I'd genuinely love to think that they would be, but you know what, I still don't actually believe that the message will be getting through. As a club we only seem to be able to stumble from one crisis to another. Every time we see a chink of light and take one step forward we very quickly take two backwards.

I have stuck by this team since I first went to see them at the age of five some forty five years ago. I've seen the good times, and prior to them I also saw some bad times. I've never contemplated turning my back on them. Over recent years if I'd still stayed in Aberdeen I'd have continued to go week in week out. Maybe I've been too loyal to them as of the crowd of guys I went to games with in the early 80's have dropped away one by one to the extent that none of them are now season ticket holders.

It would be unheard of me not to make the ten minute trip to Rugby Park on Saturday for our visit, but you know what I'm going to play in my club medal instead. Frankly no fucker in Pittodire gives a fuck, so why should I.

No doubt at the start of next season, a little excitement will kick in, but how long will that last  ???

Any fucker that parted with hard earned cash last night to get in to watch that shower of gutless fuckers frankly deserves certifying.

Surely the alarm bells are ringing in the Pittodrie boardroom after last nights attendance?

Why? We had exactly the same question last season... and the season before that... and the one before that.  Bar a couple of seasons, it's been like this for Milne's tenure so why will the alarm bells be going now? "We're not going to get relegated, so that's ok" is no doubt the attitude.

The club trundles along; a weary, pathetic form of its former self and no one at Pittodrie seems that arsed about it.  With the way things are going at the Bronx, Scottish Football could be about to change for good, it could be a chance for Aberdeen to stride forward but there is not a chance we will take the opportunity.

I don't think it's too dramatic to say that the spirit has been sucked from the support.  The club are so low now I expect absolutely nothing from them; be it the board, the management or the players.  The two latter groups will change again soon no doubt but it will be the same story regardless.

I am absolutely scunnered with it all.  I've never been to so few games as I have this season and the saddest thing is that I can see a similar scenario next season.

Why? We had exactly the same question last season... and the season before that... and the one before that.  Bar a couple of seasons, it's been like this for Milne's tenure so why will the alarm bells be going now? "We're not going to get relegated, so that's ok" is no doubt the attitude.

The club trundles along; a weary, pathetic form of its former self and no one at Pittodrie seems that arsed about it.  With the way things are going at the Bronx, Scottish Football could be about to change for good, it could be a chance for Aberdeen to stride forward but there is not a chance we will take the opportunity.

I don't think it's too dramatic to say that the spirit has been sucked from the support.  The club are so low now I expect absolutely nothing from them; be it the board, the management or the players.  The two latter groups will change again soon no doubt but it will be the same story regardless.

I am absolutely scunnered with it all.  I've never been to so few games as I have this season and the saddest thing is that I can see a similar scenario next season.

Agreed

Some great posts and comments.

Excuses excuses all of the time!!Thats what we have to put up with especially from CB.The club and him are treating us Dons fans as idiots if they are expecting us to believe the drivvel they come out with all of the time.

Time and time again there are promises from CB and they are false ones time and time again.How can he expect us to believe that it's going to get better next season and that we are going to be up there challenging for top six?? Does he seriously believe that with the team of no-hopers at the cllub(apart from a handful of players!!)that we are going to do that?? He must be seriously deranged for sure but us fans are not being fooled anymore. Attendances like last night prove that Craig and like others have said,I think it could get worse yet too(if that's possible!!).

There is no ambition or direction at the club whatsoever.Giving a useless very vulnerable goalkeeper another 2 year contract really says it all in my book.Clangers must have almost bit CB's hand off when he had offered him that one and must have thought all his xmas's had come early.Another 2 years of decent enough money and total security after what he's been through must have been a "no brainier" for him right enough.Although he says it's a footballing decision mind you.Absolute pish!!!

That just shows us decent fans the foundation the Club is laying for the future.Its the same foundations that Stewart Milne's hooses are built on.Slap dash and not very good ones to say the least!!!

Nae much wonder we are all hacked off,could anyone blame us for being severely pissed off!!

I've had it up to here with there shit.

I concur.

Personally I don't believe I've ever seen such a squad full of spineless, disinterested, lazy, inept and unprofessional so-called players in my 40+ years as an Aberdeen F C supporter.

Cap that with spineless, disinterested, lazy, inept and unprofessional management and board room and I can see that thnings are only going to get worse.

This malaise really started with the deaths of Chairman Dick and Chris Anderson, as the club has had noe decent leadership, or clear direction since. Ok we had some good seasons where we "nearly" won something, but to have gone so far backwards since 1990 or so is testament to the total mismanagement of Aberdeen FC, I doubt we could be in a much more patheitc state if they'd tried to ruin us purposefully.

Great post Bobby. Depressing but good