Why no questioning of Stewart Milne?

I am sure many of you have been following Alex Thomson's blog on Channel 4. Some of you may think he is an imposter (I happen to think he is raising some interesting points about the media in Scotland generally and Rangers in particular) but I thought his blog on whether there are any wider lessons to be learned from the lack of scrutiny that we impose on those who run our football clubs is something Aberdeen fans need to take note of.

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-heart-live/1258

Some of you may be aware that I am very concerned by the proposed move to Loirston Loch. I know many others are and I know many others have accepted that its going to happen and let's make the best of it. I'm not one of them.

I don't accept that Pittodrie is an unviable option.

If you look at the masterplan for the proposed redevelopment of Pittodrie it obviously includes the land opposite the Main Stand and that to the southeast of the South Stand. Could that land not have been redeveloped to help fund a redevelopment of Pittodrie. Of course it wouldn't have raised the same funds, only a fraction of the total land value with Pittodrie included, but there are no fundamental planning or transport reasons why alternative uses couldn't have been found for these plots that would have brought income to the Club.

We have never seen the report that states that redeveloping Pittodrie is unviable. If the evidence of that report is so compelling then why don't the Board share it with the fans. All they have released is a piece of fluff from CBRE that says Pittodrie is unviable.

Given the events of the last few months at Rangers, Scottish football and its future revenue streams are very uncertain at the moment. Whether Rangers FC are in the SPL or Division 3 next year the next 10 years in Scottish football are going to be very different to the last 10 years. That may be of great benefit to AFC but whether Scottish football can sustain a £38m new stadium in the current Scottish football climate and the wider economic climate is another matter.

The Board therefore need a Plan B and the support should be putting pressure on them to do so. And the Scottish media should be asking more questions of Stewart Milne. He is singularly the most unsuccessful Chairman we have had post-war. Our average league placing during his reign and lack of trophies is testament to that.

If you want you can join me to look at this in more depth at:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/StopLoirston

I'll be posting over time some of the proposals and evidence that the Club has or hasn't produced.

Twitter as well:

https://twitter.com/#!/stoploirston

I don't expect everyone to agree, in fact more may disagree than agree but questions need to be asked of the man who has taken Aberdeen backwards and stands to make a lot of money from the redevelopment of Pittodrie. That is a conflict of interest even Craig Whyte would struggle with.

If you look at the masterplan for the proposed redevelopment of Pittodrie it obviously includes the land opposite the Main Stand and that to the southeast of the South Stand. Could that land not have been redeveloped to help fund a redevelopment of Pittodrie. Of course it wouldn't have raised the same funds, only a fraction of the total land value with Pittodrie included, but there are no fundamental planning or transport reasons why alternative uses couldn't have been found for these plots that would have brought income to the Club.

We have never seen the report that states that redeveloping Pittodrie is unviable. If the evidence of that report is so compelling then why don't the Board share it with the fans. All they have released is a piece of fluff from CBRE that says Pittodrie is unviable.

http://www.donstalk.co.uk/messageboard/index.php?topic=8217.560