Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hampden-Bound-Dandy-Dons vs Arab Jute Minks

We have a game this weekend!!

Will Broon use it to give players a run out, try things out or rest players?

Can we beat United for a 3rd time?  If so it will be the first time since 1993-4 we have won 3 times against in one season in the league, (although we drew the 4th game) even a draw would be our first unbeten set of games against them since then 2005-06.

10 Year Home Record vs United

Played 18

Won 10

Drawn 3

Lost 5

Last 5 Games vs United (home and away) League Only

02 Jan 2012 Dundee United 1 - 2 Aberdeen SPL 11,471

15 Oct 2011 Aberdeen 3 - 1 Dundee United SPL 10,256

07 Mar 2011 Dundee United 3 - 1 Aberdeen SPL 7,416

01 Jan 2011 Aberdeen 1 - 1 Dundee United SPL 12,487

11 Sep 2010 Dundee United 3 - 1 Aberdeen SPL 9,793

Biggest Home Win vs United:

14 Oct 1967 Aberdeen 6 - 0 Dundee United Div 1 (Old) 9,000

05 May 1945 Aberdeen 6 - 0 Dundee United North Eastern League 0

Biggest Home Defeat vs United

17 Apr 1999 Aberdeen 0 - 4 Dundee United SPL 11,60

(and we lost 0-3 at home that season too)

Biggest Home Crowd vs United

27 Feb 1952 Aberdeen 3 - 2 Dundee United Scottish Cup R3 REP 30,00

Before the game tomorrow there will be a minute of applause in memory of former captain Jens Petersen who died recently at his home in Denmark. Jens was one of the greatest ever foreign players to play for the club. The Dane was signed by Tommy Pearson in 1965, but played under Eddie Turnbull for the majority of his Pittodrie career. Jens made his debut in a 3-1 win over Third Lanark on 27th January 1965. He went on to make 203 appearances for the club, scoring 11 goals, before leaving in March 1970.

DonStalk match report...

Mad Bad Teacher was gonna cook dinner for the family - chilli allround.

Mackie scored. Dandy4skin disappeared when Mackie scored.

Discussions were held about adding whiskey and chocolate to chilli.

There was talk about how much whiskey one could drink.

It transpired that Jagerdeen has probably only bought approximately 10 bottles of spirits in his life.

United equalised due to Alfromsleep posting about Mackie's goal on facebook.

During the match, Jagerdeen ate 2 bars of Milka with Daim bar crunchies.

Clark scored.

Scotfree's name is actually graham and he was drunk - and possibly horny.

Jack scored.

Tom is looking forward to celebrating a graduation.

Madbad refused to post pictures of his wife's boobs.

Final Whistle.

I wish I'd stayed up now!!

Pretty decent game of football.  We started better and Mackie scored a brilliant lob which seemed to owe more to him appearing to fall over than real intent.  Our defending was very sloppy for their goal, allowing Daly to run free at a corner, and for the rest of the half they were probably the better side.

2nd half they did very little and Penis gifted us a 2nd which even Clark couldn't miss.

No real absolute standouts but then no failures either.  Thought Hughes had one of his better games in midfield, Vernon worked hard and really should have scored in a great counter attack at 2-1.  Consi went off but looked to be fairly minor and if Cadger hadn't been on the bench and a semi final coming up I'm sure he would have run it off.

All in all a good match (shame so few folk turned up to watch it) and great result going into the Semi Final.  Also I wonder the last time 3 local loons scored for the Dandies?

I'd think Mackie has probably done enough to get a start on Saturday and imagine the only change will be Arnie in for a cup-tied Rae.

:thumbsup:

It was a shame.. a great win against the shite and yet barely a single fuck was given. Because these games mean fuck all.

I wasn't pleased to see Mackie start but I'll be honest - he was my pick for MOTM by the end. Although I have do doubt whatsoever that his goal was a mis-hit shot. I guess he deserved that wee bit of luck though. He caused problems and forced a few corners just with his determination. He put in a great effort. I guess he's one of the few that actually give a fuck.

But for a love of fuck please don't offer him a contract extension just because he's the easy option.

It was a shame.. a great win against the shite and yet barely a single fuck was given. Because these games mean fuck all.

I wasn't pleased to see Mackie start but I'll be honest - he was my pick for MOTM by the end. Although I have do doubt whatsoever that his goal was a mis-hit shot. I guess he deserved that wee bit of luck though. He caused problems and forced a few corners just with his determination. He put in a great effort. I guess he's one of the few that actually give a fuck.

But for a love of fuck please don't offer him a contract extension just because he's the easy option.

this