Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Will jimmy now be given cash ?

Guest weaksy

Guest weaksy

Will jimmy now be given cash to improve the team in january and in the summer? willie miller is on record as saying that if we did make the group stages then jimmy's budged would be significantly increased,i get the impression that if they board do not now match jimmy's ambition then he will go in the summer if not before.

Comments?

In fairness to JC he has taken us up a level and probably will feel that the failure to support him financially now will be reason to move on.

In the first instance I'd like to see contract talks starting with the ten players we have out of contract happen before we start talking about additions in Jan transfer window.

Get those he wants to keep tied up first.

Still not convinced of the fact that he will be allowed to splash the cash, nor indeed that it is the right thing for us to do. Part of the windfall certainly must go towards the level of debt we are carrying unless there is another Russian/Ukranian oil billionaire out there that liked what he saw last night and wants to take us over ;)

In fairness to JC he has taken us up a level and probably will feel that the failure to support him financially now will be reason to move on.

In the first instance I'd like to see contract talks starting with the ten players we have out of contract happen before we start talking about additions in Jan transfer window.

Get those he wants to keep tied up first.

Still not convinced of the fact that he will be allowed to splash the cash, nor indeed that it is the right thing for us to do. Part of the windfall certainly must go towards the level of debt we are carrying unless there is another Russian/Ukranian oil billionaire out there that liked what he saw last night and wants to take us over ;)

I agree.

We must retain the players Jimmy Calderwood wishes to keep at the club first and foremost.

I suspect that the extra finance may enable Jimmy Calderwood to perhaps bring one more player in in January, but I would certainly not expect any significant money to be spent.

I would think that a chunk of that money will be put towards the debt and the remainder will be used perhaps next summer along with any other monies good cup runs (or wins)! would bring.

8)

EE tonight has miller saying the cash will be used to tie up new deals for those out of contract at the end of the season.

of them, i'd like to seebarry nic and zander get bumper contracts, and miller and lovell told to get tae feck. jury's still out on clangers.

Stick Mikey Hart in to that as well Bobby :thumbsup:

Nae sure about telling Miller & Lovell to GTF, but certainly got a hell of a lot to prove in a short space of time. Would probably give Clangers new contract as well, and am I right in thinking that Considine is oot of contract as well. If so, then get him signed up as well.

I'm a bit hacked off though because supposedly the money from Ando's transfer was going to cover re-signing these guys. There's a comment in one of todays papers about how we're 500k up because Nicholson and Lovell cost us 500k and we sold Ando for a million - surely though the player budget can't be being kept low because we signed two reasonable players a couple of seasons ago?

Agree with the comment fae Bobby ... except the bit about Lovell. Miller can gettae fuck. I never really liked him, right back in the days when we were looking to pull out a surprise 200k move for him when he was at Falkirk. Seemed a wee jakey with a reputation that was bigger than his ability.

But Lovell ... I'm a huge fan of Lovell. I'd love to see him get a longer contract, as there's nae doubt in my mind that he can still produce the goods for us. Just needs a bit of confidence. I've seen him produce too many sound performances for Dundee to risk losing him to one of our rivals. He's easily the best, most natural striker we have at the club. A bit of confidence goes a long long way. If it was his head on the end of Fosters cross, his confidence would be sky-high just now.

Guest standfree

we shouldnt be spending money for new players just now. we need to get the players who are out of contract at end of season to sign new deals. also jimmy has had not a lot of money to spend and look at the players he has brought in since he arrived at aberdeen. severin touzani mcnamara jamie smith lee miller Jeffrey de visscher.

stand free

If they use the eufa money for players, then i guess the cash from anderson'll be quietly pumped in to the debt. Either way, some of it needs to go to the debt, another decent season and a couple of cup runs could ease things a bit, if only stewarty would do more than just offset a couple of mill....

Priority has to be new deals for some players i.e hart, j smith, seve, jackie mac. Touzanis been poor what i've seen . Miller needs to be more consistent. too early to say about de visscher. Expect a new deal for langfield before xmas. Lovell not sure.

If what I understand is true, and we have some form of coherant financial plan, then I assume anything earned form UEFA is a bonus.

As such, might it be an idea to put some aside on the chance of a season where our finances don't meet our targets, and thereby offset any potential problems?

If what I understand is true, and we have some form of coherant financial plan, then I assume anything earned form UEFA is a bonus.

As such, might it be an idea to put some aside on the chance of a season where our finances don't meet our targets, and thereby offset any potential problems?

That'll be about the past fifteen ones then  ::)

That'll be about the past fifteen ones then  ::)

Exactly right, Al.

This debt is a dead weight around our neck, and unless we start doing something about it then I seriously fear for the club's survival.

Every spare penny needs to be put towards servicing the PRINCIPLE of the debt, thus bringing down our payments to the bank. 

The 'million' from Anderson and the circa 2 million from Europe needs to go right to the bank. 

We'll still be about 8 million in debt, but that's a hell of a lot better than 11.

Doesn't something need to be said for "cementing our place in Europe" for next year, and the year after, and the year after...

I don't for a minute believe we are all rosy posy here but if we take half of this year's winfall to the debt and wisely spend on improvement, won't that mean more money later?

Spend money to make money?

There ia  clear problem Dresome with that approach. We are fighting on the European front this season with the increase games and travel etc so it can be reasonable expected  with our squad size( even with say an extra couple of players), that performance in the league will begin to suffer. If we lash out now and dont make it into Europe next year, then we will be in the doo doo when it comes to an increased wage bill.

Putting the money towards renewing contracts and servicing the debt makes the most sense.

Whether renewing a contract or signing a new player, there is a cash outlay.  We could and should be able to find a balance point.

My thinking on the league is that the higher level we are playing at in Europe should reflect back on our league play and (like last season) we'll get stronger as the year progresses.

Still think we need to steady the SS Pittodrie. Before we go off dreaming of Euro adventures, we gotta get rid of that debt!!! The only way we can get rid of that is by "doing a Hibs" and selling off our best young talents. Firstly we need to secure our existing squad on decent contracts ... none of this 24 month pish!!

Then we need to sort out some form of training complex so that we can kickstart our youth conveyor belt. Jumping out into the wilderness and purchasing European players who havenae got any sort of pedigree, but still think they deserve the wages, is definitely not the way to go. Wipe that debt off our backs, and then we can start dreaming.

Still think we need to steady the SS Pittodrie. Before we go off dreaming of Euro adventures, we gotta get rid of that debt!!! The only way we can get rid of that is by "doing a Hibs" and selling off our best young talents. Firstly we need to secure our existing squad on decent contracts ... none of this 24 month pish!!

Then we need to sort out some form of training complex so that we can kickstart our youth conveyor belt. Jumping out into the wilderness and purchasing European players who havenae got any sort of pedigree, but still think they deserve the wages, is definitely not the way to go. Wipe that debt off our backs, and then we can start dreaming.

The problem with the 'selling off our young talent' idea is that while Hibs' young talent took in around 9.5 million quid, OUR young talent is worth about 50k, as per Little Johnnie Stewart.

Hibs' young talent is worth 9 million because hibs took their youth programme seriously... whereas WE let our youth system fall into such a state of crapness that if we DO produce a good young player it's IN SPITE of our youth set up, not because of it.

Selling our youth players won't bring in enough cash to even make a month's interest payment, let alone cover the debt.