Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

GROUP STAGES - FINANCIAL GAINS

Firstly well done to Jimmy & the lads ! Great performance, made me truly proud to be a Don !

Now we are in the group stages what financial figure can we expect ? I take it it will be dependent on who we get in our group.

How do you think the club will spend the money ? Will it be used to clear some of the debt ? tie up existing players & management on long term contracts ? Maybe some new players ?  Isn't it a pity we had to sell big Russell before getting into the group stages as surely this would have meant we could have afforded a deal to keep him.

Your thoughts guys ?

Someone on Donsmad says about 2 million quid for group stages.  Sounds about right.

I'd stick a million towards the debt and a million towards securing land for a training ground.

No, none of it towards players or wages.

:hammer: JC  should get what ever financial gains the team gets from group stages, after all if he hadnt of done what he done on a shoe sting budget we wouldnt even of been in europe,what ever he gets should be available to tie down our top players and try to bring in a proven goal scorer, AND MISERABLE MILNE SHOULD GIVE JC SOME £££££ IF HE ACTUALLY WANTS DONS TO PROGRESS FORWARDS ????????????????

Milne needs to think very carefully. If Caldo goes with cap in hand to Milne after this only for no money to be given to boost the squad then Caldo could turn round and say that he has taken the team as far as he is able to, and i wouldnt blame him, Also it doesnt show any loyalty towards tjhe manager or the fans if he gives nowt.  He IS a scrooge, we all know that, but somehow, despite the penny pinching, our club ends up in ever larger amount of debt. That smacks of mismanagement to me.  >:( 

I would put all the money to securing our finanical future.

We are in no position to splash the cash

btw I can't access all the extra smilies...why?

you're not alone GS  :(

but never mind we're in the group stages mate ;)

:hammer: JC  should get what ever financial gains the team gets from group stages, after all if he hadnt of done what he done on a shoe sting budget we wouldnt even of been in europe,what ever he gets should be available to tie down our top players and try to bring in a proven goal scorer, AND MISERABLE MILNE SHOULD GIVE JC SOME £££££ IF HE ACTUALLY WANTS DONS TO PROGRESS FORWARDS ????????????????

Yeah let's at least try to give JC a shoe now!

50% to the debt 50% to JC for players etc.