Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Beach End

Just querying how we always seem to shoot towards the Beach end in the 2nd half. I know it's probably just because we're shooting towards our fans but also just wondered a few things.

Like when was the last time we shot towards the beach end in the 1st half?? (Personally I can't recall a time we have) Is it a club superstition?? Does it stem from something or just something that happens?? And is it common within other clubs or is it something we do??

Just noticed over the years that it always happens and now curiosity has got the better of me

My auld man (as reliable a source as you'll get anywhere) told me when I was a lad a tiny wee lad that the dons always do this out of superstition, even if it means forfeiting the coin toss.

Well yeah, if the other team always chose to kick off on winning the toss then we're always gonna have the first choice on end (Presuming we pick our end instead of choosing to kick off on winning the toss)

See I'm surprised if teams do have this superstition/trend of shooting at certain way first that teams don't pick the opposite way if they win the toss just to piss them off. I know its pretty trivial and all that but just a little bit of mind games.

We could possibly have changed this season for a game or two. This aint something I've been studying in detail but just noticed it always seemed to stay the same

Just querying how we always seem to shoot towards the Beach end in the 2nd half. I know it's probably just because we're shooting towards our fans but also just wondered a few things.

Like when was the last time we shot towards the beach end in the 1st half?? (Personally I can't recall a time we have)

I don't know the reason behind it! But i think the 2-2 game against St Mirren in December [when we last conceded at home] was the last time we shot towards the RDS in the first half! I only remember that because of CAirey's free-kick for their 2nd goal! Does this also mean that we win the coin toss most of the time and choose to shoot to the Merkland in the first half or that the opposition couldn't give two hoots which way they shoot when??

I have always wondered why when we have centre we just punt the ball towards to opposition full back rather than keep the ball?

I don't know the reason behind it! But i think the 2-2 game against St Mirren in December [when we last conceded at home] was the last time we shot towards the RDS in the first half! I only remember that because of CAirey's free-kick for their 2nd goal! Does this also mean that we win the coin toss most of the time and choose to shoot to the Merkland in the first half or that the opposition couldn't give two hoots which way they shoot when??

I have always wondered why when we have centre we just punt the ball towards to opposition full back rather than keep the ball?

When opposition get the choice of ends very few would bother to change it when they're already lined up at the Merkie end.

Same with most grounds from my memory. Teams usually just line up in the half they run out the tunnel to. Home end always go to the same end.

Motherwell we're usually shooting towards away section in 2nd half.

Rangers we're usually shooting towards away end in 2nd half.

Celtic we're usually shooting towards away end in 2nd half.

Hearts we're usually shooting towards away end in 2nd half.

CBA thinking about the other grounds just now.