Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ecstasy

Reekie_Red

Been trawling on a bit of a YouTube spiral this evening. Somehow I've been watching an ABC documentary on Ecstasy, the arguments for and the arguments against.

I've taken the drug (albeit the last time was over 10 years ago now), and must admit that I've never had any bad experiences with it. The damning evidence against the drug in this documentary is based purely on individual, single-case experiences where some individuals had allergic reactions to the drug ... you know, kinda like how individuals have allergic reactions to nuts.

What's your view on ecstasy? I don't know if a shit short-term memory is because fo ecstasy abuse or too many big hits whilst playing rugby in my teenage years. But I simply cannot see any evidence against the drug, other than the fact that some people (eg Leah Betts) drinking too much water and flooding their brains, that says anything against the drug.

Should it remain a class-A drug alongside herion, cocaine, etc, or should the government's fears about ecstasy become relaxed?

I'm currently living where it was first synthesised.  :o

I have in the past, nothing mega though. I guess you can never be sure of the composition of what your taking.

On the other hand, one of my mates was big into it about 6 years ago and he's like a lost soul now. Short attention span, slow reactions. Could be for a number of reasons but I'm sure E could be one of them.

I think its like all illegal drugs, physically its as bad for you as whatever it is cut with.  Mentally its harder to say what the long term effects are, i certainly doubt it is good for you but recreational use is unlikely to be disastrous.  From personal experience i would say there is definitely a period of space-cadetness for up to a week after depending on quantity and quality of what has been consumed.  I do know folk that have gone on regular benders on the things and there is no doubt in my mind that they have been adversely effected by this.  Jumpier and a  shorter attention span being the noticeable traits.

Done a few over the years but it never quite had the effect I ever wanted. Essentially it cut my nights short as has been the case with most drugs I've taken. But it was always a good excuse to sit and watch films in a dark room the next day  :thumbsup:

Nae sure your were dropping E's then.

Ecstasy Mother Fuckers

cd-cover.jpg

I honestly, genuinely, feel sorry for anyone that never experienced E back in the late 80s or early 90s.  It was the most social drug there ever was.  You wouldn't sit in a room by yourself or cower over a toilet seat fumbling about with it.  You'd be in a room of like minded people, doing it together.

I took it regularly (once a week), but not in any great quantities (one usually did the trick) and I have taken it fairly recently (couple months ago maybe?) just for old time sake.

God knows what is in them nowadays, granted you could always say that about them, but at least back then they were MDMA based.  Now with all these synthesised 'plant foods' it could be anything.

Once the governments started making it harder for people to aquire the ingredients (companies had to have a licence to buy the chemicals) then that's when the real danger started.  That's when the home chemists started mixing anything for that hit.  If you was lucky it was caffeine, chances are it wasn't.  But then again, who knows?  Part of the beauty of E was that it didn't diminish as it got passed from person to person like powders did.  If it was cut with anything then it was done during manufacture and as they were all branded with little symbols, you soon got wind of which were the 'sweeties' and which were 'duds'.

That all said, I never recommended the drug to anyone, quite the opposite but if any mates were convinced they wanted a pop then it was a great experience to share.  Half my mates did it, half didn't, but the half that did felt like a little secret club that bonded way more that my drinking buddies ever did.

It was the love drug after all.  :-*

Never tried any drugs. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've drank so I'm pretty much teetotal and I've never smoked anything either. I'm starting to realise how uncool I am now compared to you lot. :-( I was lucky enough to have some family members show me first hand why not to abuse any substances.  ::)

Never tried any drugs. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've drank so I'm pretty much teetotal and I've never smoked anything either. I'm starting to realise how uncool I am now compared to you lot. :-( I was lucky enough to have some family members show me first hand why not to abuse any substances.  ::)

Alcohol is a drug. a very dangerous drug at that.

200px-BakewellCake.jpg

:(