Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPL income distribution

Stealing this from mad and the stats from CaddyCarhandle.

Each team gets a basic 4% stake plus a further % based on position.

League position - % of cash pot

1 - 4% + 13% = 17%

2 - 4% + 11% = 15%

3 - 4% + 5.5% = 9.5%

4 - 4% + 4.5% = 8.5%

5 - 4% + 4.0% = 8.0%

6 - 4% + 3.5% = 7.5%

7 - 4% + 3.0% = 7.0%

8 - 4% + 2.5% = 6.5%

9 - 4% + 2.0% = 6.0%

10 - 4% + 1.5% = 5.5%

11 - 4% + 1.0% = 5.0%

12 - 4% + 0.5% = 4.5%

10 of the payments are an incremental increase then as soon as you hit 2nd place it shoots up. Im not angry at Rangers and Celtic - what the fuck were the other clubs thinking of when they agreed to this, including ours!!

I don't think anyone can really begrudge the OF scum for getting the deal they did. More fool on the others to agreeing to it! But it goes a long way to explain why the league is fucked and I don't see how 5.5% increase for finish second as opposed to 3rd can be justified.

I don't think anyone can really begrudge the OF scum for getting the deal they did. More fool on the others to agreeing to it! But it goes a long way to explain why the league is fucked and I don't see how 5.5% increase for finish second as opposed to 3rd can be justified.

Because in the all the years of the SPL no other team outwith the cuntfirm have broke the strangle hold.

Can we blame this on wiggy too?  ;D

It's bollocks. 48% of the pot is divided equally and of the remaining 52%, how on earth did the other ten clubs agree to almost half (24%) going to the top 2, and the remaining scrapping for half per cent increments all the way down to a negligible 0.5%?

The reason why the OF are ahead is BECAUSE they were already bigger and richer, with bigger stadia, bigger fanbases, bigger commercial opportunities, bigger revenues etc. To then hand them a MUCH bigger slice of the pie is anti-competition.

They could argue that they're not guaranteed to finish 1st and 2nd but they're always more likely to in the first place given their vastly superior income and spending power, let alone adding to the gulf by giving them more.

What the fuck is this SPL income anyway? Are we talking SPL prize money? The TV income? What?

Whatever the source, I can't understand the gutlessness of the other 10 chairmen, including ours.

Ridickleeuss.

Because in the all the years of the SPL no other team outwith the cuntfirm have broke the strangle hold.

Can we blame this on wiggy too?  ;D

Except 1989 Tennent's 6's winners Heart of Midlothian

This is hardly news. I thought this well known about for years

This.

Sure they've been about, perhaps not, but not sure it was a secret that the top two got significantly more while for the rest it was more evenly graded.

This is something that needs to be kept in our attention not let to settle in the back of our minds as another thing we try to forget about.