Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Duncan Fraser - nothing is happeneing

mizer

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20111111/duncan-fraser-on-redtv-_2212158_2513309

CEO Duncan Fraser gave an update on Red TV today and put the record straight on what is happening at Pittodrie regarding new contacts after some misleading stories in the press this week.

Red TV |  to watch the full interview please click here

"It is international break and it seems like journalists at this time don't have an awful lot to write about. Let me assure everybody that we have not opened contract negotiations with any player at this particular time.

"The manager will dictate as and when we do open negotiations with a particular player. Craig and I have come up with a logical process over the coming period of time but we will carry this out quietly and effectively.

"Let me assure you, when there is something to announce the Aberdeen fans will be the first to know. "

"In regard to Sone Aluko I have spoken to Sone and his representatives and we agreed to work quietly in the background and assist the player in finding another club. It is not in Aberdeen Football Clubs or his best interests for him to remain out of the game.

"Again the speculation is unhelpful and does not assist either the player or the club move on because that is where we basically are. The last thing we want to see is a young talented player without a club."

Being in the middle of November and not having opened contract discussions with any player doesnt "assure" me in any way.

Exactly my thoughts. A month and a half till some of our better players can start pre-contract negotiations elsewhere and we can be assured no-one at the club could care less?????

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

Cannae see the Huns paying compensation for anyone at the moment.

Think i might be right in saying that any club is only duty bound to pay us compo if they sign Aluko prior to summer 2012. Apologies if I'm wrong in saying that, but even age does't gaurantee you being right all of the time ;)

its really not that much for a championship club, just surprised no one has taken a gamble on him

Why would a championship club want him?? Couldn't cut it at Brum in the Championship couldn't even cut it at Blackpool in L1. I think at best ambitious L2 sides might be interested, but with small budgets even someone like Crawley would be looking at his injury record and thinking that's a luxury we can't afford.

Why would a championship club want him?? Couldn't cut it at Brum in the Championship couldn't even cut it at Blackpool in L1. I think at best ambitious L2 sides might be interested, but with small budgets even someone like Crawley would be looking at his injury record and thinking that's a luxury we can't afford.

You beat me to it Baggy, he'd be viewed as that "number 10 luxury player" who most clubs would not be able to afford/be willing to take a risk on. It's a shame, if his form was decent once he got back from his injury and would have been interesting to see if he could kick on from it. Would have done his public profile no end of good.

Think i might be right in saying that any club is only duty bound to pay us compo if they sign Aluko prior to summer 2012. Apologies if I'm wrong in saying that, but even age does't gaurantee you being right all of the time ;)

I think the rule is linked with him being under 24, which would mean we would be due compensation up til summer 2013.