Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Joe Calzaghe appearing at Motherwell game

amp

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/26942-calzaghe-heading-to-granite-city/

Legendary boxer Joe Calzaghe is heading for Aberdeen and he's getting ready to rumble.

The undefeated super middleweight and light heavyweight champion of the world will be making a special appearance at the Hilton Treetops on Saturday, November 19.

The 39-year-old, the longest reigning world champion in recent years, held the WBO super middleweight title for more than 10 years.

Calzaghe, one of the most popular figures in the sport, will share stories of his successful boxing career during the dinner before joining the official event after-party at Aurum nightclub.

The Welsh wonder, who retired from the ring in February 2009 and has also since appeared in Strictly Come Dancing, is looking forward to heading up to the Granite City for the first time.

He said: "I have never been to Aberdeen before but I’m sure I’ll enjoy a weekend of fabulous hospitality from all the Scottish boxing fans.

"The first part of the event is sure to be really good and I’m looking forward to interacting with the fans who will be coming along.

"But I’m also relishing the opportunity to meet and mingle with the Aberdeen public at Aurum later in the night."

Never heard of Aurum - take it is some swanky place? Topcorner undoubtedly frequents it......