Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Broon: "it is far too early to start panicking"

mizer

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3753863/Craig-Brown-keeps-cool-over-Dons-flops.html#ixzz1VBIfPgZ5

"I was convinced we'd be in a far better position at this stage but it is far too early to start panicking. It's been a disappointing start and the fans deserve better but we're determined to turn things around and give them a team to be proud of. After all we are only four games into the season and there are 34 still to go.

"We know we need goals and need to improve as a team but I've been in the game a long time and know that even the best sides can go through difficult periods.

"A couple of wins changes everything so who's to say Aberdeen won't go on a run? I'm certainly optimistic.

"I regret that fans felt the need to leave early at Tynecastle and can only say to stick with us. Everything possible is being done to put a team out there that they can be proud of.

"There are winners in this squad who are not taking too kindly to losing games and being criticised. I am certain they'll respond in the manner we all want."

Sportsound seem to have hired this 'expert on body language and speech' etc to predict the winners of each game (He make his predictions for the following week after he has heard the post match interviews with each manager). last week he got 5 out of 6 and if i recall it was roughly the same the week before.

Both times ive heard him hes brought up Craig Brown and made out his comments in the press are doing more harm than good.

He supposedly made up his mind that we would lost to hearts on the monday after the St Mirren game when willie miller said we shouldnt be panicking.

So going by this guys logic we have already lost to Caley. :hammer:

16 years without a trophy of any kind.

Repeated flirting with relegation.

A Stadium that could fall down at any moment.

A spiraling debt.

Wages reduced season after season.

significantly reduced quality in playing staff.

A paper thin squad that doesn't even have players to fill every position naturally.

360 minutes of league football without a goal.

The prospect of bottom six football for the third year in a row.

...after almost two decades of this, can I ask... "When can we panic?"

Brown's a sweet auld lad, really he is, but i'm nae sure he's still playing with the full deck.

16 years without a trophy of any kind.

Repeated flirting with relegation.

A Stadium that could fall down at any moment.

A spiraling debt.

Wages reduced season after season.

significantly reduced quality in playing staff.

A paper thin squad that doesn't even have players to fill every position naturally.

360 minutes of league football without a goal.

The prospect of bottom six football for the third year in a row.

...after almost two decades of this, can I ask... "When can we panic?"

Brown's a sweet auld lad, really he is, but i'm nae sure he's still playing with the full deck.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the club will still be in business in 10 years

I'm actually starting to wonder if the club will still be in business in 10 years

The answer to that is simply no

Aberdeen will fall into administration after we waste money on the stadium plans, we are simply not being run properly , lack of investment on the pitch lead to lack of results and silverware causing plummeting support causing lack of sustainable revenue. I will also add  with lack of merchandising availability buying out of only club shops  or at the stadium ? Increased selling exposure increases revenue

I could kind of understand all the cut-backs on the pitch if it were some sort of money saving idea to fund the new stadium.  But they've been chopping the wage bill for years and all in the name of survival.

All in all it appears to me that their plan is simply to survive until the stadium is built, the debt they had no intention of paying off previously is cleared and money starts to roll in slowly until they can build something that resembles a team.

So what we talking here?  Two years for the stadium to be built (scoff) and another 3 or 5 before they start climbing the table?

I've put up with far too much shite already.  I'm not sticking around for another decade of treading water at my expense.

I can hand on heart tell you that I've no idea who we are playing this weekend.  Not a scooby.  :(

Actually, scrub that sad smilie, I don't even feel like it's my fault for feeling like that.  I'm at the stage now that I don't even feel angry about it.

Poke it.

I could kind of understand all the cut-backs on the pitch if it were some sort of money saving idea to fund the new stadium.  But they've been chopping the wage bill for years and all in the name of survival.

All in all it appears to me that their plan is simply to survive until the stadium is built, the debt they had no intention of paying off previously is cleared and money starts to roll in slowly until they can build something that resembles a team.

So what we talking here?  Two years for the stadium to be built (scoff) and another 3 or 5 before they start climbing the table?

I've put up with far too much shite already.  I'm not sticking around for another decade of treading water at my expense.

I can hand on heart tell you that I've no idea who we are playing this weekend.  Not a scooby.  :(

Actually, scrub that sad smilie, I don't even feel like it's my fault for feeling like that.  I'm at the stage now that I don't even feel angry about it.

Poke it.

ICT at home.

Hope this solves everything.  :thumbsup:

You are Stewart Milne and I claim my five pounds.

You stand at the top of the Broad Hill on a windy day and tell me you're not nervous about walking into Pittodrie without a hard hat.  :thumbsup:

And if I were Stewart Milne you would know full well there's not a hope in fucking Hell of getting 5 poond oot meh.

You have to learn to stand on your own two feet, you see.  Giving you money is just going to "mak the sit-chee-ashin wirse, now."