Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Stephen Hughes

...has turned us down again.  A very good offer was made to him apparently but he wants to be in the central belt.  He's now likely to sign for St Mirren...  :-\

Seriously? I mean what the fuck! I could understand if it was the likes of Motherwell, but St. Midden?!?  :hammer:

...has turned us down again.  A very good offer was made to him apparently but he wants to be in the central belt.  He's now likely to sign for St Mirren...  :-\

To put not to fine a point on it........FUCK HIM

Lets move on to next target.

As long as Brown, unlike McGhee when he spent most of his first summer chasing Hughes, has other targets of similar standard then not bothered by this.

Got to laugh at boys lack of ambition signing for Pailsey junkies.

Wants to be in the central belt? FFS it's nae exactly as if Aberdeen is a gazillion miles away from the Central Belt. I mean Lee Miller successfully commuted from Perth for three years (albeit a bit too quickly sometimes!).

But it's not exactly a Craig Hignett style situation where you're stranded in Aberdeen and your kids are in Liverpool. FFS it's the central belt! I often used to make the journey from Stoney to Edinburgh in 2.5 hours.

Oh well, no great loss. As BigAl says, move onto the next target

• 1 month later...

Just been released by Norwich. Please please please do not be linked to us again

1927: Not a transfer, but another addition to the legions of free agents who, like Sol Campbell and Owen Hargreaves are not concerned with transfer deadlines - they can join clubs whenever they like (if, like Hargreaves from Manchester City, they get an offer). Norwich City have released midfielder Stephen Hughes by mutual consent. The 28-year-old made two Canaries appearances last season, and was loaned out to MK Dons.