Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

New keeper on trial: Chris Oldfield

Chris Oldfield: ‘I want to be No 1 for Aberdeen FC’

On-trial keeper Oldfield aiming for the top

By Sean Wallace

Published: 24/06/2011

TRIALIST Chris Oldfield today vowed to go all out to win a deal with Aberdeen FC – and become No 1 at Pittodrie.

The former Liverpool youth stopper is battling to earn a contract with Aberdeen FC.

The 20-year-old is on trial along with former Coventry City midfielder Isaac Osbourne and Spanish midfielder Andoitz Galdos Gabas.

Bobby Clark came from amateurs Queens Park and Leighton came from Juniors Dalry Thistle, what's your point caller?

You do realise football has changed in the 40 years since we signed Bobby Clark? Being released from Welsh giants Bangor Town suggests that the boy is fucking shite and possibly not the best goalkeeper in the history of Aberdeen FC.

You do realise football has changed in the 40 years since we signed Bobby Clark? Being released from Welsh giants Bangor Town suggests that the boy is fucking shite and possibly not the best goalkeeper in the history of Aberdeen FC.

It has? Really? Are you sure? Christ I must be fucking thick to have missed that  :doh:

My point was that there are still quality players to be found in the most unlikely places, you just have to look.

Christ I must be fucking thick

:wave:

My point was that there are still quality players to be found in the most unlikely places, you just have to look.

The fact he's been overlooked by every single Welsh and English side suggests he is fucking pish.

I'd be delighted to be wrong though.

David-Preece_2335365.jpg