Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Killie v The Dons

David Fernandez and Ryan O'Leary are the latest injury doubts for Kilmarnock as they host Aberdeen in the SPL.

Gary Locke and Gary Wales remain doubtful, while Jamie Fowler, Danny Invincibile, Garry Hay, Craig Bryson and Eric Skora are all definitely out.

Aberdeen could give debuts to forwards Jonathan Smith and Sone Aluko, signed from Wigan and Birmingham respectively.

Lee Mair, Richie Byrne and Jeffrey de Visscher are out. Scott Severin, Chris Clark, Zander Diamond are doubtful.

Mmm nae to sure about this game - I think a draw is on the cards. Wouldn't mind seeing the new boys coming on as subs to see them.

WTF???

Stupid goal celebrations that mean fuckall.

Reminds me of that stupid sheep thing that the Dons did after the 2-0 Xmas win over Celtic a few years ago.

And who can forget Duncan Shearer's "rifle shooting" celebration when he scored a goal??!!!

If yer gonna have a celebratory dance, make it either entertaining ... or something that the fans can understand.

Still, good to see us getting a win ... and through Miller, a striker who we've all been berating over the past few weeks for doing feckall.

Still, good to see us getting a win ... and through Miller, a striker who we've all been berating over the past few weeks for doing feckall.

Still a shadow of Brewster at Easter Road last week

couldn't agree more, min. it was disappointing to see us try to play the same game we played at easter road last week, by hoofing the ball up to a target man. this worked well enough against hibs as the ball sticks to big brew, but miller is a tenth of the player he is.

didn't work at all in the first half, and those clowns howling for miller and lovell to be played together should hang their heads in shame - there appeared to be absolutely zero understanding between the two and even less of a threat.

still, derek young did okay, hart was excellent at centre half and considine was pretty immaculate. probably deserved the three points if only because killie were entirely without bite up front.

The first half was absolutely god-awful. The Lovell chance didn't look as bad (the open goal header) at the game, but was an absolute shocker having seen it back. In fact his performance in general was terrible. Complete lack of desire to drive into the box when we were going forward & close players down. Criticise Mackie for what you want but he'd at least be willing to get himself in there in these scenarios.

2nd half was alot better. The opening 20mins or so of it we created several good chances & really should've been more than one up. Some v poor finishing (Lovell in particular here) coupled with bad luck meant a nervous close to the match. Still, overall I felt we deserved the points :)

Guest Elgin Red

Sort of disagree with the fact Lovell was terrible , thought he was quite good ...Yes , his header should have been a goal and he should have squared a ball in the box to Miller in the 2nd half to go 2-0 up ... BUT .. His off the ball runs were excellent and the midfield made him look silly on a number of occassions because they didn't play him through early enough and he had to check up or go offside. He is not a target man but again we seemed to play the long high ball ... Why ?? Give him 4 or 5 full games in a row and get his confidence up ,as he proved last season ( a couple of times) his pace terrifies defences and he can finish , but he needs the service that suits him , not a high lump into the air that a defender is going to win 90% of the time.

Good win though , but the usual nail biting with 10mins to go could have been avoided with some more composure in front of goal. Need to build on this win.

Sort of disagree with the fact Lovell was terrible , thought he was quite good ...Yes , his header should have been a goal and he should have squared a ball in the box to Miller in the 2nd half to go 2-0 up ... BUT .. His off the ball runs were excellent and the midfield made him look silly on a number of occassions because they didn't play him through early enough and he had to check up or go offside. He is not a target man but again we seemed to play the long high ball ... Why ?? Give him 4 or 5 full games in a row and get his confidence up ,as he proved last season ( a couple of times) his pace terrifies defences and he can finish , but he needs the service that suits him , not a high lump into the air that a defender is going to win 90% of the time.

Good win though , but the usual nail biting with 10mins to go could have been avoided with some more composure in front of goal. Need to build on this win.

I agree, I would also say that the balls played to him (especailly in the first half) were all into the corner and you cant score from there!

I hear what you're saying guys, and yes at times he was having to check back to avoid the offsides... but other times he was just not showing any desire to make the runs. It's so frustrating to watch at times when there's an obvious pass or run to make (easy to spot when you're in the stand right enough!) & things just don't work out.

Still maintain the miss in the first half was a shocker, but it was the one in the 2nd that dis-heartened me. It was on the angle a bit, but it was the sort of chance that had Lovell scored his confidence would've soared & we all know that strikers always go on about it being a confidence business. That said I'm happy for him to be given a wee run in the team & see if that brings the goals. Fingers crossed!

At the end of the day it was most important just to chalk up our first win- after that 1st season with Ebbe I'm always relieved when the first goal, clean sheet, point & win are on the board! Like you say, with any luck we can build on it... just typical there's the international break now! We've played most of the harder teams, so hopefully there's some points to be won when the league re-starts :)

I agree, I would also say that the balls played to him (especailly in the first half) were all into the corner and you cant score from there!

Agree with you two.

I thought the celebration was...unique.

I hear what you're saying guys, and yes at times he was having to check back to avoid the offsides... but other times he was just not showing any desire to make the runs. It's so frustrating to watch at times when there's an obvious pass or run to make (easy to spot when you're in the stand right enough!) & things just don't work out.

Still maintain the miss in the first half was a shocker, but it was the one in the 2nd that dis-heartened me. It was on the angle a bit, but it was the sort of chance that had Lovell scored his confidence would've soared & we all know that strikers always go on about it being a confidence business. That said I'm happy for him to be given a wee run in the team & see if that brings the goals. Fingers crossed!

At the end of the day it was most important just to chalk up our first win- after that 1st season with Ebbe I'm always relieved when the first goal, clean sheet, point & win are on the board! Like you say, with any luck we can build on it... just typical there's the international break now! We've played most of the harder teams, so hopefully there's some points to be won when the league re-starts :)

That's pretty much hit the nail on the head Ayrshire Don.  I always feel more at ease after the first W is in the books.  Now we can start building