Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Smith and Aluko sign on

Guest innesciver

From the Birmingham mail:

BLUES forward Sone Aluko has joined Aberdeen on loan.

The 18-year-old, who made his debut as a substitute in the Carling Cup on Tuesday, links up with former Blues defender Jimmy Calderwood, the Pittodrie boss.

Aluko, who has been called-up by England under-19s for a friendly against Belarus next month, has broken through to the fringes of the senior squad at Blues.

He impressed during the pre-season trip to Germany and manager Steve Bruce felt the time was right for him to gain valuable competitive experience.

An added attraction for Aluko, who can play on the left wing or up front, is Aberdeen's UEFA Cup involvement.

They have been drawn against  Dnipro, from the Ukraine, in the first round proper.

058B83C6-F4EE-AA54-1C38DB49828BF708.jpg

2 strikers???

What the fuck are Maguire and Lovell meant to make of this?

And how does this solve our shite midfield, porous defence and complete lack of a left footed player?

EDIT: Just realised it says the brummie can play Left wing.  I hope Steve Bruce has that position in mind as I have a feeling we won't be seeing him through the middle much

2 strikers???

What the fuck are Maguire and Lovell meant to make of this?

And how does this solve our shite midfield, porous defence and complete lack of a left footed player?

EDIT: Just realised it says the brummie can play Left wing.  I hope Steve Bruce has that position in mind as I have a feeling we won't be seeing him through the middle much

If you want to get your existing strikers to perform, bring in a player or 2 who may be a bit hungrier.  What they lack in experience, they will make up for in enthusiasm.