Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Caley at home.

Craig Browns post match

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown positive about future

30 April 11 19:33

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown believes his side's 1-0 win over Inverness shows that the future is bright at Pittodrie.

Peter Pawlett came off the bench to score his first senior goal and end the Dons' eight-game winless run.

"The most pleasing aspect was that we had 11 players out of 18 on our team sheet who are under 21," said Brown.

"It is compulsory to have three and some clubs struggle to do that, so much so that they are doing away with that regulation next season."

Pawlett's left-foot drive after 75 minutes secured Aberdeen's first league victory since they overcame bottom side Hamilton in February and Brown believes the win will help the club claim a reasonable finish in the bottom half of the Scottish Premier League table.

"We are delighted to get a win with a young team against a team that is looking to be the best of the rest," said Brown.

"I think they will finish in seventh position so it was a good achievement to beat them."

Meanwhile, Derek Young, who was told this week that his contract would not be extended when it expires at the end of the season, was made Aberdeen captain for the day.

Brown added: "Out of respect for his efforts for Aberdeen in almost 250 games, Derek will be the captain for the last four games.

"I think he more than deserves that and we are delighted he got off to a winning start."

I think we can all agree its a nice touch making young captain.  If only all players in red had his footballing ethic