Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Last man red-card rule

Stupid fuckin rule that FIFA need to change.

Considine meant absolutely no malice with his challenge. There's no denying it was a penalty, and maybe a yellow card would've sufficed.

But Aberdeen had to play a chasing game for the remainder of the match, something yer never gonna win if you're up against Timothy.

Nae such thing as the "Last Man Red-Card Rule"  :thumbsup:

Anyhoo - i thought the mink started diving when he was about 1m outside the box before the challenge even went in.  >:D

When watching the game I thought initially Hooper was going to get booked for diving. D'oh @ me!

Would a red card have been given at the other end? Nae feckin chance!

Doesn't really hide the fact that Considine was stupid to even get close to Hooper in that area at that speed, and sticking a leg out made the ref's decision an easy one. Even our own manager admitted the ref got it right. 

Bizarrely, Neil Lennon's comments on the matter were as sympathetic as they were unexpected - saying the rule needs to be changed so when a player like 'Andrew' makes a genuine attempt to win the ball, the punishment is not so severe.

Lennon in speaking sense shocker.  ???

A yellow card was the right decision, if it was even a penalty, which I doubt.

Isn't the real issue that we're shit with 11 therefore have no chance with 10? If it was at the other end and celtic were reduced to 10 it wouldn't have ruined the game as a contest because they are much superior to us.

The truth is we're fucking crap and we can't expect FIFA to bail us out of this one.

Isn't the real issue that we're shit with 11 therefore have no chance with 10? If it was at the other end and celtic were reduced to 10 it wouldn't have ruined the game as a contest because they are much superior to us.

Whether we were any good or not is not the argument here. Consi meant no malice. As Lennon said, he went for the tackle, he lost the pace battle. Nothing wrong with this. Anywhere else on the park and you've got a chance of not even being carded. He did not deserve to walk for that.

I know its the rules, but its a stupid rule. Who the hell enjoys watching 70 minutes of 11 men outplaying 10 men?

For what its worth I thought we matched Celtic until the red card

Whether we were any good or not is not the argument here. Consi meant no malice. As Lennon said, he went for the tackle, he lost the pace battle. Nothing wrong with this. Anywhere else on the park and you've got a chance of not even being carded. He did not deserve to walk for that.

I know its the rules, but its a stupid rule. Who the hell enjoys watching 70 minutes of 11 men outplaying 10 men?

For what its worth I thought we matched Celtic until the red card

Aye, I said the same in the rest of the post you didn't quote.  What I was saying though is if the situation was reversed it wouldn't have ruined the game as a contest, celtic going down to 10 men.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, I said the same in the rest of the post you didn't quote.  What I was saying though is if the situation was reversed it wouldn't have ruined the game as a contest, celtic going down to 10 men.

Agreed. A 10-man Celtic team vs an 11-man Aberdeen team would've actually been a decent contest. But no Scottish team is gonna win against a man-up Celtic team.