Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Reserves v Hibees today

2-1 at half time, Young the 1st, Lovell got the 2nd.

Strong Aberdeen team out including Clangers, Foster, Maguire, Lovell, Touzani, Kurrant.

Apparently Derek Young strolling through the game in midfield .

In the words of my source at the game, big lanky looking guy up front who is blowing oot o' his erse he looks so unfit [ presumably Jonathon Smith ? ]

2-1 at half time, Young the 1st, Lovell got the 2nd.

Strong Aberdeen team out including Clangers, Foster, Maguire, Lovell, Touzani, Kurrant.

Apparently Derek Young strolling through the game in midfield .

In the words of my source at the game, big lanky looking guy up front who is blowing oot o' his erse he looks so unfit [ presumably Jonathon Smith ? ]

if true he will be gone tomorrow

If anyone's gonna get him fit, it'll be the Pittodrie coaches. They got Derek Young fit after a year of obscurity in the lower divisions.

Still ... "blowin oot o his erse" isn't very encouraging from a player who's trying to get a new club. Surely you do your absolute best when you're looking for a new employer.

Derek Young strolling through the game in midfield

Strolling as in:

...no player on the park is able to cope with his quietly efficient presence, marking him out as the masterful lynchpin of his team as he serenely and effortlessly controls the tempo of proceedings, creating chance after chance through his incisive yet delicate promptings;

Or, strolling as in:

'canna be ersed to run'?

Derek Young strolling through the game in midfield

Strolling as in:

...no player on the park is able to cope with his quietly efficient presence, marking him out as the masterful lynchpin of his team as he serenely and effortlessly controls the tempo of proceedings, creating chance after chance through his incisive yet delicate promptings;

Or, strolling as in:

'canna be ersed to run'?

Like yer style Kaj ;)

Incredible as it may sound...... apparently it is the first one [ albeit maybe nae as strongly as you've described it mate. ]

I wonder what kind of role Derek Young is playing? Winger, midfielder, striker? He was used in such a variety of ways in his previous incarnation at the club, I was never really sure what he was - save for being an uppity weedgie nyaff who flattered to decieve.

Now, after his years away, he's so much more than that - he's also a traitor, a failure, a lower division reject, not to mention a signing who probably symbolises a wider downturn in our club's fortunes.

For all that, if he builds on this, gets into the first team, scores the winner on Saturday, starts to play brilliantly week-in-week-out, scores shedloads of goals, gets into the Scotland squad, wins us the league, wins the European golden boot, builds an orphanage for tsunami orphans (with his bare hands), swims the Atlantic ocean, gets a multi-million pound transfer to a non-old firm club, solves global warming and invents warm snow, i'll accept him as a Dons player.

Maybe.

Long time nae post and all that shite.  We're just back fae the game was good to watch.  Thought Touzani had a great first half but no so good in the second.

What was your verdict on our triallist ?

Was he as unfit looking as my mate reported ?

Long time nae post and all that shite.  We're just back fae the game was good to watch.  Thought Touzani had a great first half but no so good in the second.

What was your verdict on our triallist ?

Was he as unfit looking as my mate reported ?

Actually forget that question, just read your verdict on the "striker on trial" post ;)

Fairly unfit fairly un most things to be honest.  Jury still out, maybe having a bad but it just didn't seem that he was all out to try and get a place in the team.  Reminded Mr TA of Steve Lovell without the pace.  If we got him we'd be getting his "potential" rather than what he has at the moment.

what was the hibs team.

Looks like a great win for the reserves but we had a decent side out and it was basically the Hibs Reserves that were playing QP last night so I presume it was an even younger and less experienced side Hibs had out........maybe their U15s or something?

Anyway good to see Lovell get on the score sheet.  As for Young, I believe the expression is "Found his level" (and yes I'm quite aware that this could be applied to Lovell)