Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

šŸ”“āšŖļø Come on you Reds!Ā āšŖļøšŸ”“

Thank Christ those three games are over now

Unfortunately, if we don't get into the top-six this season, this will be the first season in 54 years that we've failed to take any points from the Old Firm in the league.

Ā 

Statistics and all that. But thank fuck those three games are out of the way. Just goes to prove that, whilst Brown/Knox have done wonders for the club, we've still got a long long way to go before we can consider ourselves "out of the woods".

Ā 

So we do! Sunday 20th March at 12:45. Dunno how the Beeb missed that one:

Ā 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/fixtures/default.stm

Ā 

Cannae see the Rangers game in there at all.Ā  Okay, enough time for Blackman, Smith and Milsom to get used to the way we play, and enough time for Shauney O'Luko to recover. And it's Rangers at Pittodrie ... can never predict that result

So we do! Sunday 20th March at 12:45. Dunno how the Beeb missed that one:

Ā 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/fixtures/default.stm

Ā 

Cannae see the Rangers game in there at all.Ā  Okay, enough time for Blackman, Smith and Milsom to get used to the way we play, and enough time for Shauney O'Luko to recover. And it's Rangers at Pittodrie ... can never predict that result

Ā 

Is that fixture going to be moved as its the same day as the league cup final?

Glad the games are over just because I was on the verge of some sort of breakdown with that unbelievably irritating 'Just Can't Get Enough' chant that Shellac have adopted.

Ā 

A clear contender for most annoying football chant of all time, I'd almost be happier if the Celtic fans stuck to numbers from their more 'traditional' [cough] repertoire.

Glad the games are over just because I was on the verge of some sort of breakdown with that unbelievably irritating 'Just Can't Get Enough' chant that Shellac have adopted.

Ā 

A clear contender for most annoying football chant of all time, I'd almost be happier if the Celtic fans stuck to numbers from their more 'traditional' [cough] repertoire.

Ā 

Id like to echo these sentiments. Sick to the teeth with those Irish pretenders.

Although it feels far from a happy period at the moment I'm consoling myself by the fact that its highlighted it to Craig Brown in 50' high letters what needs to be done at this club.

Ā 

He's came in, signed players and took in loan signings to plug the deficiency gaps in our squad and now he can lay the plans for ditching those that just haven't got the head or heart for an SPL fight after the summer.

Ā 

Thank fuck for a manager who doesn't need a "transitional season" and just sets about doing his job from the off.

Unfortunately, if we don't get into the top-six this season, this will be the first season in 54 years that we've failed to take any points from the Old Firm in the league.

Ā 

That stat has made me smile for some reason!

Ā 

I would have thought there has been a few season where we got nothing off the OF! Here is hoping we do it against the Huns at home! Then break the duck at Ibrox when we sneak into the top 6! Shaft their title ambitions!

Jock Brown was shit. Looking through the RedTV archives, I'm shocked at how many matches he commentates on. He just doesn't care for Aberdeen at all. There's a Celtic vs Aberdeen game where Booth and Jess ripped the Tims a new arsehole in a fantastic display of counterattacking football. Stevie Fulton was just breaking into the Celtic squad (to give you an idea of the approx year of the game).

Ā 

Brown's commentary was unbelievably biased to the point that he basically said it was a disaster when Aberdeen scored.

Ā 

But yer right, tlg1903. McPherson wasnae the worst, but his commentary was absolutely bonkers towards the end of his career.

Ā 

"The Rangers defence has ossified" ... like yer average fan watching a Rangers match on the tele is gonna have a clue what you've just said, Archie.