Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Magennis

an absolute beast of a guy and was funny watching Alba last night, i had no idea what the commentators were saying, but was like a benny hill sketch the way magennis kept giving defenders 3 yards of a head start but still kept gaining on them.

he certainly is rough and doesnt look like a footballer, technically speaking, but he has some awesome physical attributes.

who knows, brown might be the one to get something out of him.

he's kinda a likeable version of tommy wright

also is the spitting image of ronaldo (the real one)

I was thinking a cross between Richie Byrne and Didier Agathe.

Wasn't at the game to give a proper opinion but no idea how he could cock up the 1v1 so badly and miss a free header. Darren Mackie Superstar woulda put them away...

Hopefully Brown can get something outta him anyway.

A goal would of capped a perfect appearance from him yesterday. Chased down everything, Won the majority of headers and linked play up very well. Still unsure if it was a dive when he was one on one but if it was a dive why did the ref not book him

To be honest I thought he clipped his own heel, and basically tripped over his own feet.

i wasnt at the game either, but seen it on alba

i think "livewire" would be the best way to describe his performance

get the feeling he'll score some right good goals for us, but miss some sitters too

See Darren mackie! I've seen Mackie miss sitters like that before.

If we could afford him in the team he might well provide a few opportunities for other strikers if he can unsettle defenders and win crucial balls. He looks like he has a lot of work to do on his finishing, those two chances were there for the taking and he made an absolute cunt of them both.

Still unsure if it was a dive when he was one on one but if it was a dive why did the ref not book him

Looking at the highlights I reckon it wasn't a dive as he made no real appeal, I think he just realised he'd fucked up a sitter and decided falling over was less embarassing than actually running the ball out.

If we could afford him in the team he might well provide a few opportunities for other strikers if he can unsettle defenders and win crucial balls. He looks like he has a lot of work to do on his finishing, those two chances were there for the taking and he made an absolute cunt of them both.

Quite. He was able to unsettle a particularly guff Hibs defence but to have those 3 chances and get nothing tells it's own story about his ability.

Quite. He was able to unsettle a particularly guff Hibs defence but to have those 3 chances and get nothing tells it's own story about his ability.

Wise up, he done well with the header, superb save from Brown, I think had been playing more regular he may have taken one of the chnaces.

Indeed, I don't think he did much wrong, was just unfortunate to not direct it either side of the keeper. It was a free header, and I'd like to see if he'd be able to put it away after a run in the team. It cannot be doubted, that his introduction changed the game for us yesterday. I don't care how shite the hibs team was, we still needed a win and he helped massively to provide it.

He definitely helped turn it our way but he had 3 pearlers of chances, maybe a run in the team would help, maybe not but he definitely isn't a player blessed with a touch.

His attitude will do for me though.

definitely, considering the attitude or application of late, I think that's a good place to start as any! I'm not convinced by him at all, but give him his dues. Minus his chances, he played well.