Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Jimmy in retard saturday, bitter wee fella

JIMMY CALDERWOOD returned to Pittodrie a couple of months ago and was met by an atmosphere so sterile it was if he'd just walked into Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

Gone were the smiles. Gone was the laughter. And gone was the banter.

It wasn't, he claims, the same place where he had worked for five successful years.

Instead, it was like someone had just died. And on Wednesday night metaphorically speaking it seemed like someone did.

The man who replaced Jimmy Calderwood was axed just like Caldo was in May, 2009.

Only this time, Mark McGhee left the club in disgrace.

McGhee couldn't walk out of the old stadium with his head held high.

McGhee hadnt secured a top-six place for every season he was at the club. McGhee hadn't just returned the Dons to Europe. And McGhee didn't have the fans again believing their club was Scotland's third choice.

But Calderwood received the same brutal outcome. And he knew right there and then that chairman Stewart Milne was making a massive mistake.

The 55-year-old said: "I certainly feel I was sacked unfairly and it gnaws away at me all the time that I was never told why I was being sacked.

"I'm proud of my record at Pittodrie. Sure there were defeats to lesser sides we should have beaten in the cups, but overall, our achievements far outweighed the disappointments. In my last week there, people avoided me or wouldn't look me in the eye and you have been long enough in the game and streetwise enough to realise that something was going on.

"I demanded a meeting with the chairman and asked him straight out, 'Are you planning to sack me?' When he never answered for about 45 seconds which seemed like an eternity I knew at that moment it was all over.

"The day my sacking was announced was emotional, with me, office staff and players all in tears.

"I think the reaction to the news of my sacking took Stewart by surprise. He didn't realise we were just one big, happy family. I told him he had made a mistake and it is for him to judge whether he did or not."

Was it one, big happy family under McGhee? More like a dysfunctional one as Calderwood was to discover in October.

He said: "I was up at the Hearts game as corporate guest and the change in the atmosphere about the place was noticeable.

"There wasn't the same warmth or friendliness but I don't know the reason. You must go to work with a smile, if you have a frown then you have no chance.

"Apart from when I first arrived at Pittodrie, I've never been at a club where the negative outweighed the positive and where I didn't want to stay. Aberdeen are now in a difficult position with half the season almost gone.

"Fighting relegation is a new experience for most of the players and it is vital they start picking up points immediately because the longer this run goes, the more the pressure will intensify."

The atmosphere wasnt the only change Calderwood noticed.

He didn't utter McGhees name as he outlined just how far Aberdeen have fallen. But then again, he didn't have to.

Calderwood said: "What was my legacy? I left Aberdeen a much stronger club than when I took control. There was a balanced, happy squad which had come from bottom of the league to qualify for Europe which took character and ability.

"We'd made top six in the SPL every year, qualified for Europe three times and reached the last 32 in the UEFA and that is something which will never be done again by any club outwith the Old Firm.

"Apart from results, every manager is judged by his signings. We got Scott Severin, Jamie Langfield, Craig Brewster, Lee Miller, Mark Kerr, Jamie Smith, Stevie Crawford, Jackie McNamara, Alan Maybury, Derek Young, Gary McDonald, Jeffrey de Visser all for nothing. Dundee United must have been sick at the sight of us for taking their best players north.

"If I could have picked a select from that lot along with the best squad I had, it would have been good enough to win the championship.

"I can hold my head up with pride but it's sad to see Aberdeen in this plight because I still view them as Scotlands third biggest club.

"I bumped into one of my old players a few days ago and he brought up the fact that it was only a couple of years ago they were playing Bayern Munich in Germany.

"That's how far the club has fallen recently, which is quite staggering."

Calderwood rubbished the reasons that were put forward for his axeing.

He added: "I told Stewart Milne to sort out the contracts for myself, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark although he did say he'd put the matter before the other directors.

"I asked Willie Miller what his take on it was. He muttered that he didn't know if I was the right man to introduce youth into the team, which was crap.

"I'd coached these kids, knew their ability and gave Peter Pawlett his debut at Ibrox and Chris Maguire and Sone Aluko were part of the squad, so that didn't wear with me. It was only an excuse because they wanted me out to bring in Mark."

Bitter ?? Hell yeah, p.s it must be easy for someone THIS good to get a job, no ??

JIMMY CALDERWOOD returned to Pittodrie a couple of months ago and was met by an atmosphere so sterile it was if he'd just walked into Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

Gone were the smiles. Gone was the laughter. And gone was the banter.

Aye from the fans - we went from a membership of over 200 fans to failing to run buses for the first time in our supports clubs 27 year history.

It wasn't, he claims, the same place where he had worked for five successful years.

Define success?

Instead, it was like someone had just died. And on Wednesday night metaphorically speaking it seemed like someone did.

When was this after the Queen of the south game when nobody in our bus could muster a word on the way up the road?

The man who replaced Jimmy Calderwood was axed just like Caldo was in May, 2009.

Only this time, Mark McGhee left the club in disgrace.

McGhee couldn't walk out of the old stadium with his head held high.

McGhee hadnt secured a top-six place for every season he was at the club. McGhee hadn't just returned the Dons to Europe. And McGhee didn't have the fans again believing their club was Scotland's third choice.

When were we ever the third force in scottish football, we finished third one season when if we had a manager with any sort of ambition we could have finished 2nd. Losers mentality But Calderwood received the same brutal outcome. And he knew right there and then that chairman Stewart Milne was making a massive mistake.

The 55-year-old said: "I certainly feel I was sacked unfairly and it gnaws away at me all the time that I was never told why I was being sacked.

Queens Park, Dunfermline, Queen of the South, Dundee United, how man chances did you want man

"I'm proud of my record at Pittodrie. Sure there were defeats to lesser sides we should have beaten in the cups, but overall, our achievements far outweighed the disappointments (did they fuck). In my last week there, people avoided me or wouldn't look me in the eye and you have been long enough in the game and streetwise enough to realise that something was going on.

"I demanded a meeting with the chairman and asked him straight out, 'Are you planning to sack me?' When he never answered for about 45 seconds which seemed like an eternity I knew at that moment it was all over.

"The day my sacking was announced was emotional, with me, office staff and players all in tears. Aye thats why your first response was write me the cheque

"I think the reaction to the news of my sacking took Stewart by surprise. He didn't realise we were just one big, happy family. I told him he had made a mistake and it is for him to judge whether he did or not."

Was it one, big happy family under McGhee? More like a dysfunctional one as Calderwood was to discover in October.

He said: "I was up at the Hearts game as corporate guest and the change in the atmosphere about the place was noticeable.

"There wasn't the same warmth or friendliness but I don't know the reason. You must go to work with a smile, if you have a frown then you have no chance.

"Apart from when I first arrived at Pittodrie, I've never been at a club where the negative outweighed the positive and where I didn't want to stay. Aberdeen are now in a difficult position with half the season almost gone.

Hold on a fucking second - we were bottom of the league under you at the same stage in the season you prick

"Fighting relegation is a new experience for most of the players and it is vital they start picking up points immediately because the longer this run goes, the more the pressure will intensify."

The atmosphere wasnt the only change Calderwood noticed.

He didn't utter McGhees name as he outlined just how far Aberdeen have fallen. But then again, he didn't have to.

Calderwood said: "What was my legacy? A string of "almost acheivements but never a defining one, in 10 years time nobody will remember the seasons  we finished top 6" I left Aberdeen a much stronger club than when I took control Not difficult you spend a lot of cash. There was a balanced, happy squad which had come from bottom of the league to qualify for Europe which took character and ability. And a large slice of luck, with other teams inability to win

"We'd made top six in the SPL every year, qualified for Europe three times Did i miss a season? twice was it not? and reached the last 32 in the UEFA and that is something which will never be done again by any club outwith the Old Firm. I am willing to bet a scottish team wins more then one game in europe in a season with, any money you like jimmy"Apart from results, every manager is judged by his signings. We got Scott Severin, Jamie Langfield, Craig Brewster, Lee Miller, Mark Kerr, Jamie Smith, Stevie Crawford, Jackie McNamara, Alan Maybury, Derek Young, Gary McDonald, Jeffrey de Visser all for nothing. Dundee United must have been sick at the sight of us laughing all the way to the bank for taking their best players north.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

"If I could have picked a select from that lot along with the best squad I had, it would have been good enough to win the championship.  :lolabove:But it wasnt good enough to get to third in the league more than once?

"I can hold my head up with pride but it's sad to see Aberdeen in this plight because I still view them as Scotlands third biggest club.

"I bumped into one of my old players a few days ago and he brought up the fact that it was only a couple of years ago they were playing Bayern Munich in Germany. who was that then?

"That's how far the club has fallen recently, which is quite staggering." Not really look at the players we have tied up on long deals doing fuck all

Calderwood rubbished the reasons that were put forward for his axeing.

He added: "I told Stewart Milne to sort out the contracts for myself, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark although he did say he'd put the matter before the other directors.

"I asked Willie Miller what his take on it was. He muttered that he didn't know if I was the right man to introduce youth into the team, which was crap.

"I'd coached these kids, knew their ability and gave Peter Pawlett his debut at Ibrox and Chris Maguire and Sone Aluko were part of the squad, so that didn't wear with me. It was only an excuse because they wanted me out to bring in Mark."

Despite the fact you never attended reserve or U19 games whilst at the club, Well done you blooded three players in 5 years - what do you want a fucking gold star.

Bitter ?? Hell yeah, p.s it must be easy for someone THIS good to get a job, no ??

I cant believe i wasted 25 minutes of my life doing that, i couldnt give a fuck if it makes sense or not - i feel a lot better.

Plus i have a steady job unlike you fucking walloper - fuck off.

Aye from the fans - we went from a membership of over 200 fans to failing to run buses for the first time in our supports clubs 27 year history.

Fuck knows why you're determined to go over all this again but presumably you're aware of the facts that crowds were on the rise at Pittodrie right up to and including Calderwood's last season?

Despite the fact you never attended reserve or U19 games whilst at the club, Well done you blooded three players in 5 years - what do you want a fucking gold star.

Exactly - JC should have been playing Fyvie at 14 years old. I still can't believe we had to wait for McGhee and his 16th Birthday to see the lad play SPL football.  ::)

I am bitter, i openely admit that - not new information

I hate the fucker - like as in genuinly hate him, I hate him for temporarly ruining my passion for going to the games.

He is a prick - A cunt of the highest order. We all spoke about Mcghee's arrogance Calderwood is just as bad

who fucking cares if some guys on a message board didn't like the manager we had 2 years ago?

Although tbf, it just puts drawing with Bayern Munich on my birthday in perspective. Utterly awful day now I think about it!

Agree with edinburghdon. Jimmy's article was unnecessary. The daily ranger choosing to kick us while we're down surprise surprise. However, the vast majority of the quotes are recycled from stories printed weeks/months/years ago.

Anyone in his position would be bitter. The bitterness of posters on this thread is far more pathetic.

I don't understand the hate he gets. I wasn't a huge fan of his personality, some of his signings were terrible and some of his teams were dire to watch but there were plenty of great moments and at the end of the day, the guy loved the club and the city, and still does.

There will always be debate about the rights and wrongs of sacking him, but he's done enough to deserve the respect of each and every Dons fan.

"I told Stewart Milne to sort out the contracts for myself, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark although he did say he'd put the matter before the other directors. "

^^^ This confused me however, didn't we just give him and his team 3 year contracts 6 months before we sacked them or am I getting mixed up with Mackie?

who fucking cares if some guys on a message board didn't like the manager we had 2 years ago?

Although tbf, it just puts drawing with Bayern Munich on my birthday in perspective. Utterly awful day now I think about it!

Agree with edinburghdon. Jimmy's article was unnecessary. The daily ranger choosing to kick us while we're down surprise surprise. However, the vast majority of the quotes are recycled from stories printed weeks/months/years ago.

Anyone in his position would be bitter. The bitterness of posters on this thread is far more pathetic.

Snap, best birthday ever! :thumbsup:

I don't understand the hate he gets. I wasn't a huge fan of his personality, some of his signings were terrible and some of his teams were dire to watch but there were plenty of great moments and at the end of the day, the guy loved the club and the city, and still does.

There will always be debate about the rights and wrongs of sacking him, but he's done enough to deserve the respect of each and every Dons fan.

"I told Stewart Milne to sort out the contracts for myself, Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clark although he did say he'd put the matter before the other directors. "

^^^ This confused me however, didn't we just give him and his team 3 year contracts 6 months before we sacked them or am I getting mixed up with Mackie?

Agree with you, he angered me a lot, infuriated me even more but he does deserve respect because he got us back our respect.

I think he means the paying up of the contracts when he was sacked.