Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup R4 2010 Aberdeen vs East Fife

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It is a mark of how far we have fallen that I can't honestly say that I have no doubts over this game. How many games this season, and in previous seasons, have we seen teams come up to Pittodrie, pack men behind the ball, and make things difficult for us? More often than not, we can't break down these type of sides.

Anyway, hopefully the new manager can get things off to a flyer with a victory.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2021511

Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee was relieved to avoid drawing SPL opposition in the Scottish Cup fourth round but is taking nothing for granted against Second Division side East Fife.

He said: “It’s a great cup draw and it is at home. Before the draw was made I would have been hoping for a home tie first of all and to avoid another SPL club and we have done that.

“There are some tough ties in the draw with Rangers playing Kilmarnock, Hearts facing St Johnstone and Motherwell going to Dundee, so we have to be pleased.

“Aberdeen away to East Fife would have been trickier but East Fife at Pittodrie is not bad and we can’t complain.

“We have an opportunity to get through to the fifth round of the competition but we know the recent history for the club in cups.

“This season we have managed to beat teams from lower leagues in the League Cup but we will not be so complacent as to believe it will be a matter of us turning up and simply going through.”

Peterhead manager Neale Cooper is disappointed his side missed out on a glamour tie as reward for claiming a First Division scalp in the draw.

The Blue Toon, who shocked Cowdenbeath on Saturday, will travel to Paisley to face SPL St Mirren on the weekend of January 8 and 9.

Cooper said: “With all due respect a game at St Mirren is not the big match we were hoping for.

“We had hoped to earn a trip to Pittodrie or to one of the Old Firm, or failing that earn an SPL side at home to give our supporters a big day out, but, instead, we got a tough away game.

“It will be a tricky one for us. We will go there and give it our best knowing we have nothing to lose.”

Elgin City manager Ross Jack will have to spend the next six weeks keeping his assistant Barry Wilson calm after the Third Division side was drawn away to Caley Thistle.

Former Caley Jags winger Wilson could barely contain his excitement at learning he will be making a return to his former club in January and Jack believes the City supporters will be equally pleased with the draw.

He said: “Barry Wilson was straight on the phone to me screaming ‘We have Caley Thistle, we have Caley Thistle’, so you could say he is excited about going back.

“I am delighted for him and Jamie Duff, who was there last season. They will be out to show people up there what they can do.”