Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

THANKS TO RED ARMY

THANKS TO THE RED ARMY

As you all know, we have had problems recently with the club and police regarding our displays. At times, it looked as if we wouldn’t be able to do very much at Pittodrie this season at all.

However, because of a flood of e-mails, posts, letters and calls to AFC and the EE from all of you the club and police have modified many of their original decisions. Surfing flags will now be allowed in most cases, and card displays are back on the agenda in at least part of the RDS. Thanks very much for helping us try to keep Pittodrie vibrant and colourful.

Even better, the club are allowing us to use more streamer displays, which they were previously very reluctant to do. They have also, after years of refusing, allowed us to use both drums and megaphones to up the noise levels. These will be employed on Saturday.

If we all work together on this The Red Army can make Pittodrie louder, more intimidating for visitors and more entertaining. We are sick of the media and others moaning about the home fans not getting behind the team. Aberdeen have got the most vocal and passionate away support in Scotland so we should be able to reproduce some of that in our own ground.

This Sunday sees the first visit from one of the OF. There’s an excellent display planned in the RDS, so please look out for the various notices etc and support this. Also, let’s raise the roof at Pittodrie and roar the team on.

Thanks again for making this possible. If you want to help in any way, or have any questions or ideas for improving the atmosphere at Pittodrie you can contact us on redultras@gmail.com.

See you at the game.

Stand Free

The Red Ultras

Drums? FFS...they were bad enough when they Livi twats had there een...  >:D

EDITED to say, i'm not slagging off the Ultras here...I think you guys do a great job, but megaphones and drums? Just go the whe whole hog and pipe crowd noise through the bloody PA system.  :hammer:

Drums? FFS...they were bad enough when they Livi twats had there een...  >:D

EDITED to say, i'm not slagging off the Ultras here...I think you guys do a great job, but megaphones and drums? Just go the whe whole hog and pipe crowd noise through the bloody PA system.  :hammer:

Fair dos :thumbsup:

The megaphones will be mostly used to help co-ordinate displays at the front  upper RDS and then try and boost and keep songs going. They are used a lot on the continent. When they were used at the Dunfermline game last year it did keep everything going.

A lot of folk like the drums, others don't- it's trying to get a balance and use different things to keep the noise going. Visually improving the support is easier than making Pittodrie louder. Trial and error.

At the end of the day, you're never going to please all 10000 folk in the stadium at once. I sat up around the Ultras a couple of years ago, and the flag waving annoyed me a bit. But more because it was right beside me, and i often got a flag in the back/side of the head. But i'm not one to piss on a good idea, so i put up with it, then moved my ticket to somewhere else where i still got the benefit of their efforts, but not the bruises, and now i'm much happier.  :thumbsup:

When I was in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin the Enrgie Cottbus fans had a guy with a megaphone at the front getting things going and, as was mentioned above. Helped generate one of the best atmospheres I can remember in a 3/4 full stadium.

I suspect some of the supporters of opposition teams might find it quite an amusing concept, but having seen it in action, if it works, it's a cracking idea.

I hate drums at football with a passion, having listened to dafties thumping away monotonously on them for 90 minutes at each and every single game of football I go to here - even third division sides with about fifteen fans (usually relatives of the players) have one drum banger and one megaphone blokey.

They even went so far as to hire folk to bang drums and shout into megaphones at the summer friendlies involving European sides, and rather amusingly, at a game between Lyon and River Plate, the solitary Lyon fan who had travelled over from France spent most of his time trying to tell the Korean muppet with the megaphone that "Forza France team!" was not Lyon fans would sing at games...  :hammer:

Fair play to the ultras if they want to create an atmosphere though, but drums are evil!

fuckin hate drums. That Livi drummer is probably the worst. Just as the Livi fans start to sing a song, he goes and kills the whole thing with "bang bang bang".

But microphones are a definite go-er ... so long as you don't put an idiot like Alan "fans rep" Duncan at the controls.

I saw a documentary a few years ago, and there's a Lazio fan who always has a megaphone at matches, and gets the fans going. He was like "are you going to let that filth sing these song? This is OUR ground, OUR home! Chant with me!" ... and off he'd go. Was quite effective. But the prawn-sandwich brigade of the Main Stand wouldnae put up with it, IMHO