Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Mackie could be out for the season

Stewart

I actually think Mackie has been quite good this season, always gets criticism but of what I've seen he's been one of the better players. Not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination but generally played well and put in a lot of effort. Sad to see him injured.

Aye, that's a shame.  Mackie is the type of player we need in a relegation battle - One who plays for the shirt and gives 100%.  Not the most gifted player in the world but always puts in a shift and when it's five games from the end of the season and we are in the shit fight, the guys who turn it on for 15 mins a game are no good to anyone.  Get fit soon Mackie, despite what others may say, you'll be missed!

I'm really quite pleased to see so many folk saying good things about oor Darren!

Seems a very vocal Minority hate the poor loon, Guy behind us in the SS giving him Pelters just before he puts in the cross for Hartley to score! Same guy then shouting 'boo' when he tries to make a challenge!

Never going to be a super star but gives 100% and involved in a lot more than folk give him credit for! Hopefully gets sorted sooner rather than later!

He was doing ok last night if you ignore the fact he got booked, gave away a penalty, missed a sitter and got injured.  ;)

Best of luck loon, as BB says long road back but you'll get there. One of us.

Reminds me of the abuse Billy Stark used to get, ignore, and play his heart out for us.

One of my childhood memories of Pittodrie, wondering why everyone was shouting abuse at Billy Stark. Just goes to show we had cunts in our support even back then.

shame for the boy, we could be doing with a few more adopting his spirit this season. not a great player, but no questioning his commitment

Would never question his commitment just his ability. Should have been punted years ago. That said would never wish an injury on any Dons player.

Very bad news  :( 

As others have said he is not our most skillful player, but he always gives 100% whatever position he is played in, and has scored a few very important goals for us.

He is one of us, Aberdeen to the core, which sadly possibly contributed to him giving 100% commitment last night v Esson leading to his injury.

Haste ye back Darren.

Not good news at all about Darren. He's always been a player that I seem to have rated above most others. I like his style (whilst admittedly not awe inspiring). Always causes a nuisence of himself and leaves the foot in. Quite a brave player too. Best of luck, Daz.