Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Diamond in the P&J

Spot the error in his second last sentence  >:(

THIS Aberdeen squad will never be forgiven. The horrendous 9-0 defeat at Celtic Park will be etched on the record books and in the memories of supporters for years to come.

The abysmal defeat has strained Mark McGhee’s position to breaking point but, regardless of the manager’s future, the players must accept responsibility.

Defender Zander Diamond admits morale at the club has flat-lined. He knows there will be nowhere to hide tomorrow when Inverness Caley Thistle arrive at Pittodrie.

He said: “This will be remembered for a long time. Even if we go on a run and win six straight games, it is always going to be remembered we got hammered 9-0 by Celtic.

“The players are at rock-bottom but we have a game on Tuesday, so we have to pick ourselves up. It’s going to be hard but we need to go for it.

“This is as bad as anything I have experienced. I think every player, member of the management and supporter is feeling as low as I do.

“It’s a hard one.

“There was a feeling of disbelief at what was happening. I’m still shocked to this minute. But we need to pick ourselves up for Tuesday.

“You are only as good as your last game and people can sum this one up in their own words.

“It hurts your pride. You have umpteen friends and family, coaches and whoever, but you have let everybody down.

“Everyone in the dressing-room was despondent – in disbelief and shock.

“It is not nice to be part of the worst defeat in the SPL and the club’s history.”

McGhee is fighting to survive the mauling, coming after a run of nine matches which has produced just four points.

Diamond said: “We are hurting as players – and for him (McGhee).”

Diamond knows what to expect tomorrow. Terry Butcher’s Caley Thistle are unbeaten away from home in the SPL and in the top six, achieved on a fraction of the budget than at Pittodrie.

Diamond said: “We will get dog’s abuse for this – and rightly so. It’s going to take men on Tuesday night. We need to stand tall.

“It’s a home game and any bad passage of play will be mumped and moaned about.

“The supporters will be hurting as much as the players are. Hopefully, we can go out there and get the result we need.”

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1998794#ixzz14g9tEylV

What Diamond's paragraph stating even if we went on a winning run of 6 games? Yeah I know, I find that hard to believe an all :(

All words I'm afraid Diamond, you were pathetic, please do your talking on the pitch and try to fix what you and the rest of the people at AFC have made a complete mess of.

Joke statement.

Totally agree. I have spent the last hour in here having the piss ripped out of me by Huns, Jambos, and Hibees. Even a fucking Rovers fan has pointed and laughed. This is fucking agony and I have no answer to any of it.

Even people who don't follow football are coming into my office and taking the piss outta me and that's been fairly constant since 7am this morning!!!  I've had several offers of a group of 11 men who would play better than the current lineup.  Roll on 4pm when I can escape . . .

Dad's fixing my washing machine for me, and he's offered to paint green stripes on it before bringing it back to me . . . .GRRRR

Totally agree. I have spent the last hour in here having the piss ripped out of me by Huns, Jambos, and Hibees. Even a fucking Rovers fan has pointed and laughed. This is fucking agony and I have no answer to any of it.

Likewise, but funnily enough it's the kiddie on Celtic and Rangers fans in here who are taking the piss, the real ones who go to the matches have said nothing and a couple have even been sympathetic and said things like "they don't deserve your support" etc. Even had a St Mirren fan taking the piss.

Likewise, but funnily enough it's the kiddie on Celtic and Rangers fans in here who are taking the piss, the real ones who go to the matches have said nothing and a couple have even been sympathetic and said things like "they don't deserve your support" etc. Even had a St Mirren fan taking the piss.

I've had the same, genuine football fans seem to be pitying rather than engaging in hilarious mocking 'banter'. In many ways thats worse.

Dont have to work till later on but its going to be murder.  Most folk so far havnt been total arseholes but the ones that have have been plastic fans.  Did snap at one on facebook telling him he wasnt a real football fan and as such his mocks were meaningless but for the sentiment i hoped he died like edward the second.  Fucking ICT fan too.  I would really fucking love it if we reamed them tommorow.  Fucking love it

Dont have to work till later on but its going to be murder.  Most folk so far havnt been total arseholes but the ones that have have been plastic fans.  Did snap at one on facebook telling him he wasnt a real football fan and as such his mocks were meaningless but for the sentiment i hoped he died like edward the second.  Fucking ICT fan too.  I would really fucking love it if we reamed them tommorow.  Fucking love it

;)

great potential never fufilled.

Can't disagree with that. Used to defend Zander's ability but time for that is long long gone.

Know a former top league central defender fairly well. For long enough he used to tell me that Zander wasn't as good as some of us ( myself included ) believed he was. Looks like he was right all along

For me he still needed a senior parter to guide him, Even when severin played at the back he seemed a lot more usefull.

Really dissapointed in him more than any this season!

Would have hoped he would have stepped up to the plate given the adversity we have faced this season.

He has however been responsible for more fuck ups then I can possibly remember.

Not reallt sure where the likes of Zander actually thinks he will be playing next season.

Certainly just now, we should not be offering him any form of new contract.

Needs to play for his very livlihood right now, or second tier Scottish League football beckons for him