January Transfer Window

What do we think will happen in the January Transfer Window?  The EE (I think) has said there will be no one coming in, but I don't believe it.

According to a couple of guys on Mad, we will be taking in Rhema Obed, ex Arsenal youth who can play at right back or centre defence.

Think it's screamingly obvious a right back is required and very possibly a left back too as Vuja looks more comfortable in the middle.  Where else should we look to strengthen?

Perhaps more pertinently though, who should we keep and who should we offload? There are a number of players out of contract in the summer, should we get rid in January?

It was the EE Bobby

ABERDEEN FC boss Mark McGhee today revealed he will make no new signings in January.

The transfer window is set to open on January 1, but McGhee has spent his budget for the season.

Struggling Aberdeen FC have taken just four points from their last possible 24 and are eighth in the SPL.

But McGhee revealed there will be no reinforcements unless one of his players, who are out of contract at the end of the season, leaves to free up funds.

Read more: http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1991153#ixzz14DgNUwut

Another player that may be moving on could be Maguire.

I'd see if we can con anyone into paying cash for Diamond. I'd also try and off load a couple of strikers either on permanent deals or on loan.

I'd bring in 2 full backs and another winger of some sort.

However I suppose it depends on what the new manager thinks of the squad.

I agree with the first bit, we need to make the most of diamond having time left on his deal, the problem is, he's been honking for ages and his recent "scandal" may put people off him. No-one wants an embarrassment, which is what he is. i'd like to see Ifil shipped out as well and if we could. I'd like to get rid of Velicka as all he's doing is costing us money in terms of his medical treatment (surely) as I know we're not paying his wages, but I dont' want him around anyway.

We need full backs, but as has been said, we've needed them the whole time MM has been here and he's turned a blind eye to it. I really don't understand why.

It was the EE Bobby

Another player that may be moving on could be Maguire.

Cheers Mizer.

I really can't see Maguire leaving. I think he'd be daft to. I'd be amazed if Celtic were interested, he'll not go to the huns and going down south is too early for him in my opinion. Another couple of years at Pittodrie will do him good if he continues playing with the same attitude as he has shown this season.

Cheers Mizer.

I really can't see Maguire leaving. I think he'd be daft to. I'd be amazed if Celtic were interested, he'll not go to the huns and going down south is too early for him in my opinion. Another couple of years at Pittodrie will do him good if he continues playing with the same attitude as he has shown this season.

I can see a medium sized team waving a decent sum of cash at him wagewise - more than he will get with us.

Cheers Mizer.

They did sign Mulgrew. Remember him?

I wouldn't be particularly worried at losing any of the out of contract players either in January or at the end of their contracts, as long as decent enough replacements can be brought in.

Therein lies the problem them, the liklihood of this happening is as likely as us winning the league.

I see David MacNamee is in the Record talking about not being able to find a club. Says we had shown interest but did not follow it up. Would have thought he would have been worth bringing in even on a short term deal as can play left or right back.