Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ladies Day - 23/10/10 Hibs Game

Anyone else (ladies obviously) going to this? 

My better half said he'd go halfers on the ticket for me.  If I'm having to put my posh frock on (red of course) and sit in the "padded" RDS seats for the game, it'd better be a game worth watching.  :AFC2:

Ma bird and her mates are going to, she is looking for a red dress to. Do ye all have to wear a red one?  :-\

Anyone else (ladies obviously) going to this? 

My better half said he'd go halfers on the ticket for me.  If I'm having to put my posh frock on (red of course) and sit in the "padded" RDS seats for the game, it'd better be a game worth watching.  :AFC2:

I can't make it to this game. Hopefully it's nae too cauld with you having to wear a frock to the footie (agree, must be red!). I'd probably be thrown oot, as assume swear words will be banned in the "padded" seat area!  :-\

Have a great day R  ;D

Right, to answer the questions one by one.

Were padded seats heated? - No they weren't, but I would guess they shoulda been - wouldn't have done any harm.

How Would you rate Ladies Day? Value for money? - I would say that ladies day is value for money.  The nosh was top notch, couldn't fault the service. With the exception of the half time break when they're not allowed to serve alcohol, there was a member of staff always on hand to ask you if you wanted another drink just as you finished the last one.  They were all very courteous and polite (I know you should expect that, but still)  Obviously there were also a lot of corporate folk there too and it's really them that the auction is aimed at (lowest starting price of the day I think was £50, but most started at £100).  I know it was to raise money for a breast cancer charity, but it would have been nice to have some things auctioned off that even us plebs could afford, so that would be my one critism.

The players who were in attendance took their time to autograph what you wanted autographed, and get your photo taken with them if that's what you wanted.

What was it like wearing a dress to the footie? - If I'm brutally honest - bloody wierd (and damn cold!)  It contributed to the atmosphere in the dining suite but as for sitting watching the game dressed to the nines, I certainly won't be doing that too often if I can help it.  Apart from the obvious, you being colder than in jeans, fitba top, scarf, etc etc it just didn't feel right.

Did you get stovies? - No we didn't get stovies.  We had a bacon butty to start (we arrived at 1030am) accompanied by a glass of pink champagne, then half time was pie, cupcake and cup of tea or coffee, then the meal was lemon & tarragon coated chicken, leek and tattie cake and veg, dessert was chocolate and caramel pavlova with fresh strawberries.  Right up until last orders it was as much drinks of whatever you wanted

So all in all a thoroughly fab day, I would certainly recommend it. 

This has to surely go down as one of the longest posts in history, but rest assured I won't be making this a habit (bit like the dress wearing to the game)

Looking forward to ladies day next year!!!

• 2 weeks later...