Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Gary Stevens Leg Break at Pittodrie?

BobbyBiscuit

Does anyone remember the above happening to said hun full back, circa 88/89?

Currently reading One Night in Turin which is a behind the scenes account of England's World Cup in 1990, and one of the early chapters is about Terry Butcher and there is some rather frank quotes from him.

There is a dig in it about the Simmie incident, how Butcher was fined for kicking the ref's door and how we never got it fixed, and then it says Stevens broke his leg at the same venue in a match not long after with less than 15 minutes of the game gone.

I really can't remember this incident at all. Can anyone else? Who broke his leg?

I remember Butcher getting his leg broken against us the previous season thanks to McLeish though :wave:

Hope you picked the book up for next to nothing in a charity shop Bobby, and didn't spend good money on it !

Just an Ayrton out of Waterstones. It is supposedly an excellent book.

However, I was saying to a hun acquaintance recently that I found Butcher to be a lot less vile these days than I did when he was at the vermin. But this book shows a totally different side to him.

He said he chucked out all his U2 tapes because they were nothing more than a rebel band, chucked out all his Simple Minds tapes because he discovered Jim Kerr was a tim... now, I would suggest he should have done that anyway, but not for that reason!

Also claimed Dariusz Dziekanowski tried to break his leg then goes on to say he was going to do the same to Dziekanowski but calls him pea hearted and a bottler. Surely that's bringing the game into disrepute?

also says "Typical Aberdonians" about us getting the £500 fine and never fixing the ref's door... I hope Fatshaft isn't reading this!!!

What I find most peculiar about the likes of Wattie constantly complaining about us hating them (as if we have any reason not to), is that the people who have the most bitter and spiteful things to say in public about the other team is consistently them. I know a lot of our great players were hun sympathisers themselves, but by no means all. The kinds of things the huns get away with saying in books, interviews etc are no better than how dandy's would chat in privacy over a few beers.

It's not enough that they reinvent cultural history for their knuckle-dragging followers, they have to reinvent modern footballing history too. Why can't they just be proud of the truth?? ...oh yeah, that's right, the truth of what they are is positively shameful.

Every time I hear the kind of pish that Butcher says above I feel a pang of pride that I'm one of us and not them. I'm just annoyed that the wider public only ever hear about the likes of Simmie, but never the cunt Johnstone.

What I find most peculiar about the likes of Wattie constantly complaining about us hating them (as if we have any reason not to), is that the people who have the most bitter and spiteful things to say in public about the other team is consistently them. I know a lot of our great players were hun sympathisers themselves, but by no means all. The kinds of things the huns get away with saying in books, interviews etc are no better than how dandy's would chat in privacy over a few beers.

It's not enough that they reinvent cultural history for their knuckle-dragging followers, they have to reinvent modern footballing history too. Why can't they just be proud of the truth?? ...oh yeah, that's right, the truth of what they are is positively shameful.

Every time I hear the kind of pish that Butcher says above I feel a pang of pride that I'm one of us and not them. I'm just annoyed that the wider public only ever hear about the likes of Simmie, but never the cunt Johnstone.

:thumbsup:

+1