Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Man of the match v St Johnstone 21/8/10

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ifil just edges it for me, only because he does what it says on the tin.

Worthy of mention also however were Considine (played out of position and coped very well) and Folly who is starting to look like a bit of a find for us

I just can't get past how he uses the ball. I know it's not his job to be spraying inch-perfect balls around the park but it lowers my confidence in him to watch it. There was a moment in the first half where he went to meet a high ball on the right hand side, he took it onto the inside step of his right boot and killed the ball instantly with the control of an accomplished and skillful footballer, it was beautiful. Having created the space with this touch he then proceeded to slice it straight up into the roof of the stand. Ooooooft.

I just can't get past how he uses the ball. I know it's not his job to be spraying inch-perfect balls around the park but it lowers my confidence in him to watch it. There was a moment in the first half where he went to meet a high ball on the right hand side, he took it onto the inside step of his right boot and killed the ball instantly with the control of an accomplished and skillful footballer, it was beautiful. Having created the space with this touch he then proceeded to slice it straight up into the roof of the stand. Ooooooft.

Remember said incident and passed comment upon it at the time along the lines of what you've just said.

Loved the way he stood up to that fucking lump Parkin for the full ninety minutes and dug Zander out of a hole late on

Just as an aside, wonder how long before Fyvie starts to get pissed off at starting on the bench week in week out behind Hartley and Folly ?

Had the very same thought myself. I wouldn't think its too long, especially given how much game time he got last season. but he's young and does need to learn his trade first.

Incidentally, I've gone for Ifil. finished watching the game and I think he deserved it, though Folly had a cracking game. Owned that midfield.

Just as an aside, wonder how long before Fyvie starts to get pissed off at starting on the bench week in week out behind Hartley and Folly ?

Tbh - I don't think it's in his best interests to be playing 90 mins every week. I'd like to think he'll start against Alloa though.

Fyvie playing 30 mins one week, 70 the next is fine for me at his age. I'd hate to see him get injured or burn out from working too hard too young. But having said that, he's a much better player than mcarthy who played a lot of games that age, so I'm I do like to see him on the pitch any time and feel more confident about us going forwards.

I went for Ifil because I think he's potentially our best defender. His game is vastly improved with Hartly and Folly deep in midfield who can take the simple pass then do something skillful. Last season he had no one in front of him who could help him out. As well as Folly I thought Aluko did really well. I missed Hamilton so it's the best I've seen him play myself, probably since the season before last.

If our 1st choice players all hit form at the same time, we have a as good a side as anyone.