This 3rd best team in scotland rubbish

Alright peeps

not posted in ages (ever since the graffiti incident at gorgie - pesky irn bru took a junction out against us)

i do apologise in advance for the lengthy post but bear with me

I’ve been sitting here for hours trying to settle this difficult case and I was getting nowhere (I mean bored) so I thought I’d try and work out and settle the age old argument about who’s the 3rd best team in Scotland (disclaimer – I obviously think we are the best team in Scotland).

So anyway some people harp on about amount of trophies (yep that’s AFC), Euro baubles (again that’s AFC), average crowds, how old yer oldest fan is, best pies, best seats, first to have all seating, dugouts, ball boys, who has the biggest flag etc etc

So i've used the old formula of x + y = z

I thought we could break it down to amount of trophies won in the past decades; I’ve only used Aberdeen, utd, hibs, hearts

1870s no trophies won 

1880s hibs 1

1890s hearts 4

1900s hibs and hearts 2 each

1910s no trophies

1920s no trophies

1930s no trophies

1940s Aberdeen and hibs 1 each

1950s hearts 4 (Aberdeen and Hibs 2 each)

1960s hearts 3

1970s Aberdeen 2 (hibs 1)

1980s Aberdeen 8(10 if u count euros) (utd 2)

1990s Aberdeen 3 (utd hibs n hearts 1 each)

2000s hibs and hearts 1 each

2010s utd 1

So if we disregard the early years as afc and utd were not around to win anything and start it from 1920s it would appear that Aberdeen have the most successful record of the so called best of the rest argument.

(It also looks pathetic that there has been decades when nothing has been won but in our defence us and utd were only recently formed compared to hibs n hearts)

*when it appeared that the trophy was won in the season ending in 00 I used that as the start of a decade*

Anyway sorry to bore you all, im away back to do that case now

Right I’ve done some more working out

Giving each team 10pts for a win, 5pts for runners’ up/2nd and 2pts for 3rd place I have came up with this

AFC      DUTD      HEARTS    HIBS

League cup    85            30              50          60

Scottish cup  110          55              100        65

League          121          26              140        96

Total            316          101              290        221

Please note that this is from year dot I will try and work it out from 1927 to see what the two Edinburgh clubs true figures should be

It’s also worth noting that in head to head in cup finals

Utd have only beat AFC (1)

Hmfc have only beat hibs (1)

Hibs have beat no one and lost to hearts (1) and Afc (2)

AFC have beats hibs (2) and hearts (1) whilst losing to utd

I’ve worked it out from 1927 onwards

The final scores are in

Aberdeen    316 pts

Hibs            188 pts

Hearts        175 pts

D Utd          101 pts

So there it is using the x, y and z formula Aberdeen are the 3rd best team in Scotland

Wahey that’s an excuse to celebrate the night

Alright peeps

not posted in ages (ever since the graffiti incident at gorgie - pesky irn bru took a junction out against us)

I’ve been sitting here for hours trying to settle this difficult case and I was getting nowhere (I mean bored) so I thought I’d try and work out and settle the age old argument about who’s the 3rd best team in Scotland (disclaimer – I obviously think we are the best team in Scotland).

So anyway some people harp on about amount of trophies (yep that’s AFC), Euro baubles (again that’s AFC), average crowds, how old yer oldest fan is, best pies, best seats, first to have all seating, dugouts, ball boys, who has the biggest flag etc etc

I thought we could break it down to amount of trophies won in the past decades; I’ve only used Aberdeen, utd, hibs, hearts

1870s no trophies won 

1880s hibs 1

1890s hearts 4

1910s no trophies

1920s no trophies

1930s no trophies

1960s hearts 3

2010s utd 1

So if we disregard the early years as afc and utd were not around to win anything and start it from 1920s it would appear that Aberdeen have the most successful record of the so called best of the rest argument.

(It also looks pathetic that there has been decades when nothing has been won but in our defence us and utd were only recently formed compared to hibs n hearts)

*when it appeared that the trophy was won in the season ending in 00 I used that as the start of a decade*

Giving each team 10pts for a win, 5pts for runners’ up/2nd and 2pts for 3rd place I have came up with this

Please note that this is from year dot I will try and work it out from 1927 to see what the two Edinburgh clubs true figures should be

The final scores are in

Aberdeen    316 pts

Hibs            188 pts

Hearts        175 pts

D Utd          101 pts

So there it is using the x, y and z formula Aberdeen are the 3rd best team in Scotland

You were really bored at work eh!  ;D

cheers for the support of my hard work in working this out lads

the only reason i had done it was because i was getting peeved of with all the mongs down here saying their 3rd best cos of this and that blah blah blah. i was delighted in seeing the yams are actually 5th best though.

yes very bored at work!!

cheers for the support of my hard work in working this out lads

the only reason i had done it was because i was getting peeved of with all the mongs down here saying their 3rd best cos of this and that blah blah blah. i was delighted in seeing the yams are actually 5th best though.

yes very bored at work!!

I think it's just a bit of a futile argument, especially when you see that United fans claim they're more successful in Europe than us due to percentage of wins to games or some such shit.  If they - or Hertz or Hivs - want to think their team has the richer history then let them think it. It is abundantly clear to anyone who can read which club has the most to be proud about.

Hertz fans always make me laugh with their "You're not famous anymore" in response to Stand Free... by their own admission we were once famous, which is at least once more than them.

Alright peeps

1870s no trophies won 

1880s hibs 1

1890s hearts 4

1910s no trophies

1920s no trophies

1930s no trophies

1960s hearts 3

2010s utd 1

The final scores are in

Aberdeen    316 pts

Hibs            188 pts

Hearts        175 pts

D Utd          101 pts

you forgot to include the Tennents Sixs  ;)

Alright peeps

1870s no trophies won 

1880s hibs 1

1890s hearts 4

1910s no trophies

1920s no trophies

1930s no trophies

1960s hearts 3

2010s utd 1

The final scores are in

Aberdeen    316 pts

Hibs            188 pts

Hearts        175 pts

D Utd          101 pts

You've missed out the trophy that Russell Anderson proudly held aloft a few years ago when we beat Montrose at Links Park.