Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Goalkeeper puts pen to paper

Hes just trying to keep our feet on the ground =)

We have released, Mulgrew, Kerr, Miller, Neilson, Paterson, Mclean, Duff, Grassi, Marshall, ross, stewart and wright from last seasons first team squad.

We still have to replace Mulgrew, Kerr, Mclean, Duff, Grassi and need probably two back up midfielders.

we need 6 more players!

Hes just trying to keep our feet on the ground =)

We have released, Mulgrew, Kerr, Miller, Neilson, Paterson, Mclean, Duff, Grassi, Marshall, ross, stewart and wright from last seasons first team squad.

We still have to replace Mulgrew, Kerr, Mclean, Duff, Grassi and need probably two back up midfielders.

we need 6 more players!

We will never sign another 6 players before the end of August!!

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100714/mark-howard-_2212158_2092362

width=380 height=253http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/93/c5/0,,10284~8897939,00.jpg[/img]

The Dons new goalkeeper Mark Howard today was formally introduced as an Aberdeen player, the third signing of the summer.

He told RedTV "Coming to Aberdeen is a new challenge for me. I'm at a good age now, 23, I feel like I need to progress myself as much as possible and by coming up here, I've given myself this opportunity, I think it's a good move for me. 

"I found out about the interest from Aberdeen a week or two ago. It's only been the last 3 days that the ball got rolling. I was desperately hoping it all went through when I heard about the interest and I am delighted it has.

"I am buzzing. It's a definitely a big move. I think it's the right thing for my career. It's a challenge and hopefully stepping up a level as well to a bigger club is going to put more emphasis on me to improve and that's what I want.

"Aberdeen is a massive club. A lot bigger club than I thought it was. A lot of people have told me about the size of the club before but until your here and see it for yourself you don't realise. Seeing what goes into it and there is a lot more behind the scenes, staff that help with everything and make it all run smoothly.

"Every footballer wants to play and I'm no different.

"Last year at St Mirren was tough mentally and I have learnt a lot which I've got to take the positives out of. It was hard but it is just one of those things in football. You can't always have it your own way. It makes you stronger.

"I want t challenge for the number one spot at Aberdeen, that's why I'm here, I want to challenge Jamie as much as I can, and hopefully I can show the club, what I am made of and just see how it goes.

"I will work as hard as I can and hopefully things will work out for me. I have always been the type of goalie to just get my head down and focus on my own job and not let other things affect me. So yes of course I would like to play here, it's a big club and big opportunity.

"It's definitely going to be hard but I like a challenge. I've always had that. I know I'm still only young but experienced for a 23 year old and every club I've been at I have had a challenge, it definitely does make you stronger. I know Jamie is really established here and he has done really well. He is a really good keeper. It's going to be tough but I will hopefully be able to rise to the challenge.

"Hopefully I can establish myself and do what Jamie's done and do well for myself. All I want is to play regularly. Every footballer will tell you the same thing. There is nothing better than playing football at the end of the day.

"For a young player I don't think there is a better league to learn your trade in (SPL). Up here the managers do give you a chance. I've got a lot of respect for all the managers up here because they do try and bring young boys through to learn the game. There is a good grounding here in the SPL. Just getting games regular, it's a tough competition, quite a hard tempo but it's also physical and you will learn a lot from the SPL for later on in your career.

The Dons conditioning and goalkeeping coach Colin Meldrum also spoke to RedTV. "Looking at who was available to us he came to our attention because of his age, the type of person he is and the way he works. That is very important. We do a lot of background checks to find out what people are like and those types of things are important.

"He suits the bill. He is hungry. He is hungry to fight for that jersey and that is what we are wanting here. We want competition. Jamie has been here a while and played 186 games now but he is still hungry. Mark has come in and he is hungry as well and this season will hopefully challenge him for the position.

"Mark probably has the whole package for a goalkeeper. His distribution is good, he is good with the ball at his feet, he is good at shot stopping and making reaction saves. He is good at talking and communicating with his defenders. He really has the whole package for someone so young. Technically he is very very good as well.

"We are bringing him up here with all the attributes he already has and will hopefully work with him and make him better.

"It brings healthy competition for Jamie.

"In training yesterday there was a little edge to it and that makes it interesting because Jamie knows Mark has been at St Mirren, played a good number of games at SPL level. The goalkeeping community is quite close-knit and they all know about one another.

"Going by the standards at training yesterday, and that was only the second day in for Mark doing goalkeeping work, I was very impressed with what I saw. That can only be healthy for the team."

Former coach hails new Aberdeen FC signing

Howard played with Arsenal superstars

By Sean Wallace

Published: 15/07/2010

THIERRY Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Jose Reyes – new Aberdeen FC signing Mark Howard played with them all during his time at Arsenal.

Legends Henry and Bergkamp were both on target as Howard kept goal in a 5-2 win over Ritzing in Austria in 2005.

Howard, who penned a one-year-deal with the Aberdeen FC , did not look out of place in Arsene Wenger’s ‘Invincibles’, fresh off a whole season without losing a Premier League match.

Which is why Gunners goalkeeping coach Gerry Peyton reckons the 23-year-old will rise to the challenge of pushing number one choice keeper Jamie Langfield.