Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Calderwood's lost it ?

Is it just me or has JC actually lost the plot?

I know this is easy to say after-the-fact but, what did JC expect when he decided to take the team to Egypt for pre-season (apart from adding to his perma tan)?

1) It was guaranteed to be baking hot - not exactly anything like the conditions the players will face in the first few games of the season.

2) Even if the training facilities they'd been promised had worked out, it was going to be a 60mile round trip each day.

3) He has moaned that there was not a lot to do for the players in they're off time - surely all that should have been looked into.

4) He once said that all Dyron Daal can do is score goals and that he doesn't offer anything else as a player.  He then decides to punt him and sign Derek Young - Well stroll the fek on. 

Sometimes I really wonder  :hammer: :hammer:

It seems that the whole Egypt trip was badly arranged and thought out.

We could have had two players killed, nothing to do on the time off for the players, we could have had two important players missing due to suspension, and then we had the problem of the plane delay on the way back. An unusual set of circumstances for sure.

Regarding Dyron Daal. He seemed as if he could have been a good squad player who still had to fully mature as a player. With Derek Young you know what you have got.... :hammer:

:(

Come to Toronto.  We'll get you Top Notch facilities, Off Time activities, Temperate weather, and reasonable opposition.

Oh and our drivers (appart from the area of town I live in  :hammer: ) are pretty safe.

FlyZoom airfare only £300 Return.

To me it seems like the 'Egyptian Nightmare' has been blown out of all proportion. We lost a couple of games, players were in an accident that turned out to be far less serious that was first reported and the flight was delayed by a day. This doesn't come accross as the worst trip in the world. The only real problem would was the ref/fans at in the 3rd match.

We probably went to Egypt because

i. we were offered decent money to go there

ii. it takes the players out of Scotland and lets them play in a different sort of game

iii. we are looking at a link up with some sides, at some point.

If you want to put a positive spin on the tour then you could say that Lee Miller and Steve Lovell are starting to look good and the players haven't been out drinking for 10 days.

Positive spin? It'll never catch on. Booooo to positive spin.  :thumbsup:

Egypt wasn't a disaster (could've been if that car accident went any worse), but it wasn't really a good, well planned, exercise/idea. The whole thing reeks of "it's free, so we'll have some of that", without the actual trip being researched.

Positive spin? It'll never catch on. Booooo to positive spin.  :thumbsup:

Egypt wasn't a disaster (could've been if that car accident went any worse), but it wasn't really a good, well planned, exercise/idea. The whole thing reeks of "it's free, so we'll have some of that", without the actual trip being researched.

LOL - Does anyone know if there is a football team in Ibizza?

41S76WJEM7L._AA240_.jpg

Guest Redpeter

The whole Jimmy going over there earlier in the year blows that out out of the water doesnt it ?

Jimmy's not an idiot. Dont get me wrong, I get shamed to death when he's in the papers shouting the odds about this and that, some people should pobably not be given a public forum to discuss various topics, sadly Jimmys success as a football manager has earned him that right...so unfortunately we just have to live with it. ( Just for the record i dont think anyone from Govan should be allowed to talk in public)

Secondly I was just alarmed as anyone when I read about young signing. At first I hoped it was Darren because we could do with another central midfielder and personally I reckon he is better than Clark in that role. I think Jimmy has probably been quite shrewd sigining Young. I dont know how much he will play but.... He will give 100% and I reckon he will probably get chucked on in left midfield more than up front...I think more than being a replacement for Daal, he will fill the spot for that Heuvill dude. Jimmy probably calculated that he would give the dutch boy a chance then if it never worked he would sign Young..?

Thirdly Young is on a pittance of a wage. Not even close to the one he rejected to move to Dunfermline a few years back. Jimmy got him when he was desperate so I reckon he comes cheap.

Daal did ok for us, but never brilliant. People have this unrealistic view of him since he scored a few goals at Dundee, but he was never gonna be premierleague standard and once we got Miller his days were always numbered....

Anyways lads, lets hope we get a decent start to the season, and do well in one of the cups. If its the Uefa then ok  ;D  2-3rd in the league and beat the Tims more this season, obviously the huns too..!!

STAND FREE !!!!!!

1) It was guaranteed to be baking hot - not exactly anything like the conditions the players will face in the first few games of the season.

thats not the point of training in the heat. You train in the heat to aclimatise the body to exercising using less oxygen, less water and therefore increasing heart rate = training adaptation in a much shorter time period. ie they get fitter a lot faster.

You train to raise the heart rate to its max faster then allow it to come back down to near resting levels before training again. Basic principle of interval training which works best in the heat.

Also, mutliple stuides show that temperatures of at least 34 degrees are needed to limit intra-muscular injuries. Anything below that will need an intense warm up - a warm up in that heat would sap the strength of the players meaning they cant do the activity planned.

Ill agree that egypt was a stretch too far but as already highlighted, it was for monetary reasons. Southern europe is as far as any team should really be travellling for a pre-season.