Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Adam Virgo

Paper reporting he's been released by Brighton and Aberdeen favourites to get him.

Don't really know much about him other than a failed move to Celtic? Think he's meant to be fairly decent though?

Aye, not suprised we are being linked with him.

McGhee was manager of Brighton when Celtic bought Virgo. Also played as a makeshift striker to help push for playoffs (I think) and scored 8 goals. Never seen him play for Celtic and never heard reports. Quickly forgotten about I think. McGhee seemed to kickstart his career.

Can't really remember him from his Celtic days, he can't be any worse than Ifil though surely?!!!

I really dont think that would be possible...

On the fence we this one.  Has had good moments but not many recently.

But lookin at some o the pish we have at the moment maybe a good utility player.  But then again maybe i should be realistic about our level at the same time and admit he would be first team and probably one of our better players!!

Nope talkin gash again.  Need to go for a pint if thats what i am coming out with!! :-)

Clearly Ifil has been a total dud but by all accounts he had a good game against Hull. On the basis of scout reports and seeing him in person McGhee probably thought that whilst he had a poor season before that there must be ability in him that he could bring out. One of McGhee's primary reasons for having a good season at Motherwell was his ability in bringing out good displays from average players.

I think its good that clearly he still feels confident that he can do this and hope that it proves to be the case. Within Ifil there is a player that can produce good defensive performances.

Ifil was playing up until Danny Wilson took over. Wilson likes footballers all over the park, I always thought Ifil was a bit more of an "if in doubt hoof it out" type centre back, which is no bad thing.

Isn't Gus Poyet manager at Brighton nowadays?

Ifil was playing up until Danny Wilson took over. Wilson likes footballers all over the park, I always thought Ifil was a bit more of an "if in doubt hoof it out" type centre back, which is no bad thing.

Isn't Gus Poyet manager at Brighton nowadays?

He is.

Ex McGhee player who has struggled to hold a place in a mid table English 1st division (i.e. old div 3) side - hmmmm, nae overly enthused by this like.

Because we can expect to do so much better finishing 9th or below in one of the worst leagues in europe!