Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Player of the season

I was reading over the weekend that Keane is now one of the favourites in the voting for SPL player of the season despite only being here a few months. That got me thinking to as who we had playing for us who would get our player/young player of the season.

Young players - Fyvie, Pawlett, Maguire & Paton. Pawlett would definitely been my pick but he has been out a fair bit injured. Maguire, out on loan. Paton just not consistent enough. Which sort of leaves it too Fyvie as default.

Overall team player - fuck knows where to start. Langfield or Diamond possibly but Fyvie has been as good as they have.

IMHO only Diamond and Foster can be considered for player of the season, and with Diamond missing much of it, I'd go for Foster.  He's nay the world's best but has been relatively consistent this season.

What a fucking awful season it's been.

Disgrace if Keane gets player of the season for the SPL.  He shouldn't even be nominated.  What a joke league.

Probably Mulgrew for me.

He's been murder in loads of games but I dread to think where we'd have been without his goals.

Agree that talk of Keane is a joke. Stokes, Goodwillie and Whittaker are all more deserving.

No doubt it will be Boydy or Bougherra though.

Foster possibly but I think he's been anonymous in the second half of the season after being noticeably good in the first half.

I'd be tempted to go for Langfield over all, even though I couldn't claim he's had a season anywhere like his best. We've had several games we lost by a goal or 2 which, but for clangers, we'd have lost by 4 or 5. That's as much of a discernible impact as any one of our lot have made.

Why don't we just void the player of the season in protest and focus only on the young player of the season? which can't be anyone other than Fyvie.

Guest donindundonald

Your Jucking focking aren't you?

I dont wish to sound negative, but shouldnt we refrain from awards this season as a mark of respect for the passing of the worst season I can remember?

If I'm pushed into a corner with a big fuck off gun to my head, i'd go with Foster :)

Your Jucking focking aren't you?

I dont wish to sound negative, but shouldnt we refrain from awards this season as a mark of respect for the passing of the worst season I can remember?

If I'm pushed into a corner with a big fuck off gun to my head, i'd go with Foster :)

You can't be that old then.

I think aberdeen should drop player of the season this year in acknowledgment to what a disgrace of a season It has been and that none of them deserve any awards.

The most sensible suggestion I've read in ages.

I can't even consider one of these utter f*ckwits getting a trophy for the dovers they've put in this season.

OK, maybe Fyvie or Paton, who at least have youth as an excuse and have taken on far more  responsibility than should have been expected.

I couldn't stand one of the other c0cks standing there with a cheesy grin and a trophy. I'd like to ram it right up the fückers ärsehole, sideways.